• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sitting in yoga position with a piece of pork belly under my back. Just had an epsom salt bath, not letting this injury prevent me from training tomorrow.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't bring myself to buy clothes when weight fluctuates by 10% every 6 months.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sitting in yoga position with a piece of pork belly under my back. Just had an epsom salt bath, not letting this injury prevent me from training tomorrow.

What the?

Also Fuji I'd be interested to see the number of times per post you post the word "****." :lol:

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least once per post. Usually in excitement from a PR or being annoyed about something ON THE SUBJECT OF PR I GOT A CURL PR TODAY GUYZ, 15KG EITHER SIDE OF AN EZ BAR ON A PREACHER RACK FOR 5 REPS FUUUUUUUACK.

Considering doing yoga (no ****) in the mornings, probably help my flexibility and ****.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and sweatpants. its to the point where every time i stand up, i have to pull my pants down a bit because they stick on my thighs. strangely my 32 RRL low straights fit me about as well as my 33 KMWs (which i bought off APK a couple years ago iirc); thank god for college where dressing like a bum is not only accepted, but encouraged.

i can see myself dressing in all w+h once i have moneys just for the sweats/cas look

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whilst lying on the floor stretching out my back I've decided im gonna do floor presses tomorrow. Anyone have experience with them? Want those triceps.

Tried on a pair of 33" straight leg H&M chinos, could not get them over my quads. Feels bad man. When I get cut I assume ill look good in clothes again.

Last edited:

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're humbling, I guess.

Don't stretch too much. if you did injure something, you may be irritating it further. Ice and anti inflam are your best bets..

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Whilst lying on the floor stretching out my back I've decided im gonna do floor presses tomorrow. Anyone have experience with them? Want those triceps.

If you want the most out of them, legs straight so you don't use leg drive. And at the bottom, pause/relax your triceps so that your elbows touch the ground, then explode back up.

Like this but with a pause at the bottom with elbows touching the floor
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Not like this
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't believe I stopped following this thread religiously.

Totally with you guys on the weight flux and the no ***** given re: clothes. None of my pants fit anymore :( Thigh and butt are tight from squatting and DLing...have gone from lean 175 in May to not as lean but much stronger 205 today.

Re: my routine, I've been doing 5/3/1 for a few months and am really enjoying the slow and steady progression I'm making. I also enjoy the emphasis on the major lifts and really nothing else...there are just some days when DLing and Bench at your 90% 1RM are quite enough.

speedy4500

Reaction score

and sweatpants. its to the point where every time i stand up, i have to pull my pants down a bit because they stick on my thighs

I went shopping for some casual trousers recently. Had to buy 36 waist to get enough room in the thigh and rear and then had my tailor take in as much as he could from the waist band, but there's still too much room around the waist. They don't look bad, but don't look great either. And just for ***** and giggles I tried on some "skinny" jeans in my usual jean size... couldn't even get those mf'ers up past my crotch and then had to peel them down.

Last edited:

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I basically gave up with weight gaining by eating a metric asston. Apart from nuts, beans, legumes, peanut butter, milk, and whey there isn't too much in the way of daily vegetarian protein foods. And also I just don't like eating for that purpose. Will see what happens. Still posting gains though. I will meet mah goalz mentioned earlier in this threak. FWIW I added a good 15 pounds dry weight to my starting point in August. But I have different goals from the rest of you.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My last semester was decent for gains - added 3.5 inches around my chest and back, and 1.5 on my hips/lower back. Clothes still fitting, but dem thighs b tite.

:feelsgoodman:

Would feel better though if had more flattering clothes... not totally onboard w/ you sweats-only people yet.

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And just for ***** and giggles I tried on some "skinny" jeans in my usual jean size... couldn't even get those mf'ers up past my crotch and then had to peel them down.

You know you might lift if you can't even get those drainpipe-skinny jeans past your calves, much less your quads...

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the calves of a young girl. Feels bad man.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads