Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

Sitting in yoga position with a piece of pork belly under my back. Just had an epsom salt bath, not letting this injury prevent me from training tomorrow.

2. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Can't bring myself to buy clothes when weight fluctuates by 10% every 6 months.

3. gort

gort Senior member

What the?

Also Fuji I'd be interested to see the number of times per post you post the word "Fuck." :lol:

4. fuji

fuji Senior member

At least once per post. Usually in excitement from a PR or being annoyed about something ON THE SUBJECT OF PR I GOT A CURL PR TODAY GUYZ, 15KG EITHER SIDE OF AN EZ BAR ON A PREACHER RACK FOR 5 REPS FUUUUUUUACK.

Considering doing yoga (no homo) in the mornings, probably help my flexibility and shit.

5. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Thank god for drop crotch pants :nodding:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  6. jarude

jarude Senior member

and sweatpants. its to the point where every time i stand up, i have to pull my pants down a bit because they stick on my thighs. strangely my 32 RRL low straights fit me about as well as my 33 KMWs (which i bought off APK a couple years ago iirc); thank god for college where dressing like a bum is not only accepted, but encouraged.

i can see myself dressing in all w+h once i have moneys just for the sweats/cas look

7. fuji

fuji Senior member

Whilst lying on the floor stretching out my back I've decided im gonna do floor presses tomorrow. Anyone have experience with them? Want those triceps.

Tried on a pair of 33" straight leg H&M chinos, could not get them over my quads. Feels bad man. When I get cut I assume ill look good in clothes again.

8. knucks

knucks Senior member

They're humbling, I guess.

Don't stretch too much. if you did injure something, you may be irritating it further. Ice and anti inflam are your best bets..

9. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

If you want the most out of them, legs straight so you don't use leg drive. And at the bottom, pause/relax your triceps so that your elbows touch the ground, then explode back up.

Like this but with a pause at the bottom with elbows touching the floor
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Not like this
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

10. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Can't believe I stopped following this thread religiously.

Totally with you guys on the weight flux and the no fucks given re: clothes. None of my pants fit anymore :( Thigh and butt are tight from squatting and DLing...have gone from lean 175 in May to not as lean but much stronger 205 today.

Re: my routine, I've been doing 5/3/1 for a few months and am really enjoying the slow and steady progression I'm making. I also enjoy the emphasis on the major lifts and really nothing else...there are just some days when DLing and Bench at your 90% 1RM are quite enough.

11. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

I went shopping for some casual trousers recently. Had to buy 36 waist to get enough room in the thigh and rear and then had my tailor take in as much as he could from the waist band, but there's still too much room around the waist. They don't look bad, but don't look great either. And just for shits and giggles I tried on some "skinny" jeans in my usual jean size... couldn't even get those mf'ers up past my crotch and then had to peel them down.

12. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

I basically gave up with weight gaining by eating a metric asston. Apart from nuts, beans, legumes, peanut butter, milk, and whey there isn't too much in the way of daily vegetarian protein foods. And also I just don't like eating for that purpose. Will see what happens. Still posting gains though. I will meet mah goalz mentioned earlier in this threak. FWIW I added a good 15 pounds dry weight to my starting point in August. But I have different goals from the rest of you.

13. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

My last semester was decent for gains - added 3.5 inches around my chest and back, and 1.5 on my hips/lower back. Clothes still fitting, but dem thighs b tite.

:feelsgoodman:

Would feel better though if had more flattering clothes... not totally onboard w/ you sweats-only people yet.

14. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

You know you might lift if you can't even get those drainpipe-skinny jeans past your calves, much less your quads...

15. fuji

fuji Senior member

I have the calves of a young girl. Feels bad man.