1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i will add some ultra fuel peri and post workout to my shake on training days. i seem to burn fat pretty efficiently.

2. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i may lay off on the chins and push ups everyday as i am sure my chest/back training provides adequate stimulus.

I've only ever seen that constant pain (and the inflammatory bloat) in hamstrings and knee extensors of endurance athletes, but I guess it's possible for any muscle. [​IMG]

Try press-ups.

3. APK

APK Senior member

i will add some ultra fuel peri and post workout to my shake on training days. i seem to burn fat pretty efficiently.

How much of each ingredient are you using in your PWO shakes? Do you subscribe to the 2:1 carb[​IMG]rotein ratio I mentioned earlier? I know the consensus is that PWO is when your body will actually benefit from sugar, which is why I've always used a 2:1 Gatorade powder/whey mix for mine.

4. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i use coconut water sometimes, but usually about 50g carbs and 25-40g protein post wo

5. jarude

jarude Senior member

When doing mixed grip deadlifts, should I alternate over/under to under/over each set or just stick with the most comfortable way?

6. why

why Senior member

When doing mixed grip deadlifts, should I alternate over/under to under/over each set or just stick with the most comfortable way?

Alternating is probably the best idea, at least with the easier sets. Mixed grip puts torque on the spine.

7. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

Bought an iron gym. Can't hang it anywhere. Shitcock.

At least you tried. Set your mind at ease.

8. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Bought Starting Strength off of Amazon. Also locked in a gym buddy for next semester. In the meantime, gonna work on may cardio endurance.

9. Chaos P. Bennu

Chaos P. Bennu Senior member

i stick with the most comfortable way ... and haven't noticed any adverse effects..

10. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

I tried to hit the gym twice in one day. Legs in the morning, chest/back in the evening. I'm not ready.

11. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

when i have time for 2 a days, makes me happier than anything.

12. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

I missed the night before because work kept me late. So I woke my ass up early to make up for it. But that night I had zero endurance, first set of an exercise was fine then I couldn't make it halfway through the second, strength just disappeared after about 3 reps. Pissed me off to know that normally I don't have such trouble. I felt weak [​IMG]

I think I'd need to eat more/better in order to do twofers. But I'm trying to slim down a bit. In time I'll try it again.

13. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

you can;t really play catch up. just continue on your normal path when you miss a day

14. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

+1.

It sucks when you have time, but don't have the sleep to perform well.. which is my problem fairly often...

15. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

First term was not kind to me. I am actually almost at the "Obese" line in BMI terms. Fuck. Have until april to get rid of this. Can't afford a trainer or anything though.

16. why

why Senior member

First term was not kind to me.

Yeah, studying has too many calories in it. My Melville seminar turned me into a whale.

17. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

I literally was in the library or class about 10 hours a day 6 days a week. Granted my diet was not what it perhaps could've been. Anyway the BMI thing was just shaming.

18. Nil

Nil Senior member

I pulled legit 2 a days (Westside lifting program in the morning, boxing at night) 4 days a week for a few weeks not too long ago. I felt like a testosterone fueled beast during that period but I also crashed at around 8-9 every night like an old person. All that activity took a toll on my joints though; my wrists, elbows and knees were getting a bit thrashed at the end of it.

19. delirium

delirium Senior member

I pulled legit 2 a days (Westside lifting program in the morning, boxing at night) 4 days a week for a few weeks not too long ago. I felt like a testosterone fueled beast during that period but I also crashed at around 8-9 every night like an old person. All that activity took a toll on my joints though; my wrists, elbows and knees were getting a bit thrashed at the end of it.

wow that's super ambitious. did you skip the boxing conditioning work (skipping, running)?

i tried doing bjj while lifting on a basic 5 x 5 program. absolutely killed me.

20. APK

APK Senior member

I literally was in the library or class about 10 hours a day 6 days a week. Granted my diet was not what it perhaps could've been. Anyway the BMI thing was just shaming.

It's all about prioritizing. I get lax with my diet for stretches of time, even though there isn't really much excuse for it.

I just embarked on a four-month stint where I'll work 40 hours a week, have class immediately after for two hours twice a week, lift three times a week, notch two or three cardio sessions a week, and then scatter 10-15 hours of eBay work throughout the week. I'll barely have time to jerk off.

But I'm not gonna let it all ride as an excuse to get nourishment from the drive-thru most of the time. The key is preparation. Figure out what you're going to eat for most of your meals and snacks a week ahead of time. Buy it all on a free day (i.e. during the weekend), and then spend like an hour or two on Sunday and/or mid-week prepping most of those meals.

There's no way I wouldn't have eaten like shit this week if I hadn't gotten my lunches prepared on Sunday. I even prep my PWO shakes by separating the dry ingredients for each shake in containers or baggies. It's much easier to keep the diet clean if it's just a matter of grabbing some containers as you head out the door each morning.