Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yeah, I sent a reply a few days ago!

2. fuji

fuji Senior member

Did a total of 15 reps in about an hour on my ME lower day today. Productive as fuck

5 deadlift singles at 95% 1rm
    5 sets of ramped paused box squat doubles.
    Changing to box squats for all squats now, normal squat has been stalling, and the box im using is stupidly low so its probably better for me then my just to parallel squats.

Surprisingly very tired and I have a mild pump going.

Watching videos of people dunking. Feels bad man. People shorter then me getting way over the rim and all I can go is running one handed dunk, which isn't very clean looking. Hopefully when I cut ill get some more height.

3. knucks

knucks Senior member

Right, well it's not like I deadlift more than you or anything..what the fuck do I know? I just pick things up and put them down.

4. jarude

jarude Senior member

:facepalm:

you troll like you deadlift 600

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  5. knucks

knucks Senior member

troll troll troll your boat

6. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

second workout of SS phase 2 yesterday, actually started the same or lower on all lifts than i did last time, hopefully should allow better progress. Squat started at 40kg, deadlift at 80kg, bench at 37.5kg, OHP at 25kg. Need to make sure i have some micro plates this time, by the time i need them. At the moment eating just enough to slowly gain weight...will step it up big time as the weight gets heavier.

7. fuji

fuji Senior member

Confused why you are using vagina weights. People start light on SS so they can learn the form and get used to the movements. You know how to perform the movements and are used to them?

8. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Yeah i was just following the program really, which says the starting weight should be where the bar speed slows down. Current 5RM if you are not a total beginner should be reached in like week 3-4 which should be about right. It does make these few weeks a bit pointless, but at least after that i should be able to keep adding weight to the bar for longer.

9. knucks

knucks Senior member

Did you stall on progress last time around? You're too weak to worry about bar speed IMO...

10. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

I really wish they had a pill that contained like 200 calories and 50 grams of protein. Would pop a few of them throughout the day and not have to worry about trying to make a bunch of shakes.

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

Eat 50g of whey? Used to do that with creatine, does not taste good.

12. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

I do two scoops of ON Soy Protein mixed in Silk. It's actually good.

13. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

It was pleasing to hear a few platforms down from me "Damn, I can't even backsquat that much" while I was C&J 120kg today. Unfortunately, things went to shit after that. The absence of Oly lift practice for 3 weeks over holidays led to two ugly misses today.... 1) Jerking 125kg, just totally lost focus for some reason. Jelly-arms, poor speed, terrible head position.... tried to adjust my feet and body to save it but ended up going down, both the weight and myself. No injury, but embarrassing nonetheless... I really need to learn to just dump at times like that instead of trying to save. 2) Snatch 85kg. This is warm-up weight for me so it shouldn't have been an issue, but not having done snatch for a while, I totally missed the location so far back that I practically just threw the damn thing up and over my head. It landed way behind me and then rolled to the wall 10ft further. Thankfully after that ridiculous episode I was able to keep things tight from then on and had some pretty smooth reps.

14. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

creatine mono or just eat a shitload of beef?

15. fuji

fuji Senior member

I bought a tub of creatine mono, but for some reason it would absolutely not dissolve in water or juice so I just ate the powder. Tastes bad. Creatines shit.