Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

I was thinking about this. I have yet to discover someone at my gym who I would trust to spot properly. I can do the reps unhindered, just the lift off is what's getting me.

2. fuji

fuji Senior member

Why don't you trust people. Not like they're gonna walk off whilst your benching and leave you. Worst thing that happens if you have some spastic who upright rows the weight who you have to tell to let go every few seconds.

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Do you only eat chicken and steak? You cook them once a week and freeze them or every feq days? How about ground beef, pork, etc?

I realized today that I've been on my current plan for so long that I've completely forgot how to work this shit out.

4. APK

APK Senior member

Pork is another easy meat for the slow cooker.

I like to use extra lean ground beef for burgers once a week. If I'm feeling real lazy, I'll throw the pound in a pan and just add random stuff. It might be shredded cheese, hot sauce, salsa one time, chopped mushrooms and onions with an interesting pasta sauce mixed in another time. You get the idea.

5. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

That's why I tell whoever is spotting me not to touch the bar unless I say a safe word (0).

Also, I get them to spot my last warm up too, so I can see how they're going to spot. And if they do something I don't like, I can tell him not to do that for my actual working sets.

6. mrchariybrown

I cook the chicken every morning.

My main meats during the weekdays is pretty much just chicken and beef.

I cook it. Eat it. Repeat daily.

You can add spices, sauces, condiments, toppings or whatever on top of it if you like. I sometimes use srircha on my chicken. But I usually just eat it how it is. I don't really eat for enjoyment during the weekdays. More like: this food is in my way of getting to my goals, so I must destroy it.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012

7. APK

APK Senior member

That's really the necessary evil with all of this. And it's why so few people can adhere. It really does become a grind, but the kitchen element is just as important to most of these goals as the stuff you do in the gym. If you have the fortitude to eat the same handful of foods most days, you can accomplish some pretty crazy things, both in the gym and aesthetically. I looked my best and hit my best lifts last winter when most days included a lot of meat and then some debauchery on the weekends.

8. mrchariybrown

Yeah. It's hard sometimes. But once I think to myself "if I don't eat this, all that training is going to waste", I shove the food in my mouth, chew, swallow it down with water, hold back the vomit, and repeat.

I'm sure it'd be easier if I were to eat dirty all week long, but my digestive system doesn't agree with that so I keep that for just the weekends.

9. mrchariybrown

But I will say it sucks cramming down the following every weekday:

- 1 pound chicken
    - 1 pound beef
    - 0.6 pound broccoli
    - 1 pound sweet potatoes
    - dozen eggs
    - 4 bananas
    - and a whole bunch of bits of crap here and there

And I'll probably have to increase food intake somewhere too because I've been stuck at 193-195 for the past 6 months.

10. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Rambo:

Get 1lb of ground beef. Add 1 cup frozen corn and 1 cup chopped frozen veggies. Cook until meat is grey. cover in BBQ sauce/stirfry sauce/whatever. Eat. Its palatable. Sort of.

11. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Speaking of beef:

I ate a pound of ground beef tonight for dinner. Delicious. Filling. Can't imagine how Mr eats so bloody much every day (and I thought I did eat quite a bit)

12. APK

APK Senior member

Ground beef is really easy for me to eat. Not necessarily because it tastes better; it's just easier to chew and thus, faster to put away. I can pretty easily eat a pound of ground beef in a sitting, while doing so with a pound of chicken is a bit taxing if I'm not famished.

13. mrchariybrown

True. It's all about speed for me too.

If I overcook my steak, it's torturous to get through. Holding back vomit after every bite. But hey.. gotta do what you gotta do.

14. jarude

jarude Senior member

its nuts how much of a difference that can make. juicy chicken slathered in franks red hot or buffalo wing sauce is something i can eat endlessly. dried out chicken breast needs to be liberally soaked in plum sauce if im going to eat it and even then its a chore. i fucking love chicken wings; gotta find a way to make mass amounts of chicken breast have the same kind of taste.

got 2 lbs of ground beef, 1lb of ground pork and a bunch of stale bread ground up and turned into meatballs. simmered in slow cooker all day, time to smash :slayer:

15. Mandrake9072

Mandrake9072 Senior member

:fu: I bought my pair at retail, almost $90 I believe. Aside from how nasty they smell after couple weeks of wear, I love my pair.

Totally worth kopping! (especially since they're the KSO model, which have the least padding of all Vibrams)