Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jarude

jarude Senior member

dont respond to the guy, like apk said he was responsible for massive thread diarrhea some time back. dont feed the trolls

2. mgm9128

mgm9128 Senior member

I am a troll because I simply inquired why you nutter butters eat so much god damn oatmeal all the time.

3. virus646

virus646 Senior member

4. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

I called troll and still got trolled. FML

5. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

oatmeal is fucking awesome, nothing more to report at this time.

6. fuji

fuji Senior member

I don't personally eat much oats because I think they taste disgusting, but if I could stomach them I would. I eat much worse carbs before working out instead.

Cannot wait to see a bunch of skinny teens running a bastardized version of SS and acting like its some kind of divine training scheme, people getting pinned by 135 on the bench tomorrow and then going to the pec deck for 1000 sets and people on the tread mill for hours tomorrow. If I only do heavy deadlift singles tomorrow and drop the bar every rep, maybe throw some chains on it and roar every lift will they leave faster?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  7. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

anybody here interested in calisthenics? it's added a whole new dimension to my training, i was getting really bored of weights. planche, front lever, and inverted dips are great. i'm still working on my first muscle up, just struggling on the transition. hopefully will get it in the next couple of weeks.

inspired by this guy:

8. fuji

fuji Senior member

Wtf when did I get up to 205lb. I swear im getting better gains then most people who run shit cycles and don't really know what they're doing. 10 hours sleep, tonnes of calories and protein and training heavy as fuack 4 days a week is working.

9. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Seconding the chiro recommendation. In my chiro experiences, they haven't actually fixed much for me, but they do seem to identify the issue, whatever it may be for you at any given time. I just went to a new guy last week or so and he has identified a similar problem on my right side which has been present for quite a long time. That is to say, I noticed it, I was aware of a previous "tweak", and he really narrowed in on it and palpated the problem, revealing it.

It is advisable to have a chiro on hand who is familiar with your physique and routines for the day you may need him.

At the same time, I am highly skeptical of a lot of the holistic bs they try to push.

re: Oats. I don't know what to tell you. Oats are a universally good item to eat. I'm not sure there are any negatives to them. While they often aren't strictly gluten free, the oat itself is, if I recall correctly. The fiber is great for a protein heavy diet and they contain protein and nutrients in themselves. Also, oats are cheap, man. Cereal is a ripoff.

10. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

It's all about making them right man, eaten plain it's really nothing to write home about. But add in some bananas, maybe some flavored casein, honey, raisins, almonds and/or cinnamon and man that shit is so good. My normal PWO is oats + chocolate casein + cinnamon + a Granny Smith apple = awesomeness.

Anyone who's doing gear and either pussying out by not doing enough or not knowing what they're doing are idiots. In most cases these dudes don't even know how to train.

11. Grayland

Grayland Senior member

I found a "recipe" for an oatmeal dish called breakfast goulash and I eat it pretty regularly. It's actually pretty damn good.

1/2 cup old fashioned oats, dry
    1 scoop protein powder
    1/3 cup water

Mix well. Add:

10 almonds
    1 tsp. flax seed oil
    1 cup yogurt (strawberry, peach, etc.)

That's it. The oatmeal isn't cooked. Don't knock it till you've tried it.

12. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Must give a lot of bloat if the oats arent cooked. Personally i just drink the oats, they come in a 5kg bag and are ground to a powder, just mix it with milk and flavoured protein and it tastes fine. Actually eating 100g oats would take ages and be boring compared to drinking it.

13. Grayland

Grayland Senior member

No bloat at all, but maybe that is just me.

14. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Sounds like what I eat most days between lunch and dinner at work... just a container of dry oats (80g), a scoop of protein powder, and a small handful of nuts. Dump some water on it, stir it, and eat. My co-workers affectionately call it my "gruel".

Minimal bloating and somehow only barely gets me to dinner before I'm ravenously hungry again.

15. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Rolled oats are baby food. Real men eat steel cut oats in proper porridge. Big steaming bowl of that next to some thick cut bacon is PWO heaven. Especially if its cold outside