Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

Yeah, but then you stay weak and small. Pretty much everyone bulks and then cuts, it works very well if you do it properly and don't just eat shit during your bulk.

2. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

I think this is the worst case of the DOMS I've ever had. Holy god my legs hurt. It's like my body's punishing me for not having worked out for a couple weeks.

3. Mandrake9072

Mandrake9072 Senior member

This is the laziest I've been since my days in college... Haven't been to the gym in two weeks. The holidays just wrecked my daily/weekly schedule. The worst part is, when I do back to having my regular schedule back in January, the gym will be packed. I was chatting with the trainers at my gym and they mentioned that it gets pretty bad (to the point where time limits are enforced)... :fu:

Normally I'm one of maybe five or six people that utilize the squat rack on a regular basis, but I forsee lots of facepalm moments coming up. O god this is gonna suck for a couple weeks.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  4. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

One of the pros of being a member of an OL gym - no NYR douches, or even if there are some misguided individuals using the facility they'll never impede my lifting. That's because the facility basically belongs to the club and I'm a card-carrying-member, the platforms are ours.

5. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

This is always true, every year, particularly after New Years as many try to play out their resolution to "get in shape." Give it until mid-february or so, and it'll die back down to normal.

6. fuji

fuji Senior member

Went to american military base gym today. They don't have a deadlift platform, but they have a V up machine and theres barely any room to walk because they have literally every possible machine there. Tried to get banned by covering everything in chalk and roaring on every pull and dumping squats, but it didn't work, just got some weird looks. Some guy in the corner doing what was kind of like a goblet squat, but holding a barbell with the other end in the corner who said that squats aren't good for you because the angle is too "generic" and these were more functional. I thought at a military gym I'd be the weakest guy there, but I was easily the strongest. My favourite thing was a guy sitting on a shrug machine (why the fuck does that exist) who before his set yelled "Courage, functional strength", yeah bra you need bare courage to sit on that chair an grabs those handles and shrugs them, could fucking crush you if you miss the squat.

They did have a sick basket ball court where I dunked infront of a bunch of 11 year olds and they were miring.

7. jarude

jarude Senior member

fuji man i want to follow you during your gym adventures so i can watch both the multitudes of idiotic assclowns and people miring on you. seriously every post is about some kind of douche making an ass of himself; i kinda miss that from commercial gyms :(

8. fuji

fuji Senior member

Not just commercial gyms. This is the first time I've been to a commercial gym except when I went to my college gym where are dumbbells maxed out at 50lb and we had no barbell. I go to a pretty hard core fighting gym and we still have retards. Probably because people here are more likely to give you advice because they think they're hard as fuck. Like the man who said "all the pros alternate between smith machine squats and free weight squats every week, your going to heavy, you'll hurt yourself", was squatting 220lb, and then asked me to take a photo of him tensing his 12" arms. Don't get mired very often, only times I remember at the gym were the first time I pulled 4 plates and when I dunked today.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  9. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

I'm pretty glad I've forgot how it feels like to be in the same room as a specimen of brotherus alphagymiys is flexing their muscles and looking at themselves in the mirror. Man I hate that shit.

10. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Not to make excuses for you, but you do have extremely long arms, correct? I have the same issue. I've been doing jump up negatives and they are so much better than the assisted pull up machine.

Went to go do my first set of goblet squats today (they're the closest to the real thing I can do at my gym) and fell right on my ass. Laughed at myself and then got back up and banged out 4 x 10.

Just so were clear here, you mean New Year's Resolutions and not New York Ranger, correct?

11. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

:crackup:

you do meet some interesting ones.

12. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

ffs YES.

It's pretty obvious if you look at the context. Rob's a cool dude.

13. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Don't hate, I may in the changing room glance at a mirror and go "Well, compared to when I started, :satisfied:"

14. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

My gym has a balance board, but I'd never seen any one use until one of the coaches pulled it out and just stood/slid around on it like it was the easiest thing on the world.
    [​IMG]
    While he steps off and does something else, I figure "hey I used to surf this should be easy" and quickly proceed to make a fool of myself by wiping out and falling on my ass after less than three seconds on the damn thing. Basically I went left, and the board flew off right into the dumbell rack.

15. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

good luck with your cirque de solgei goals of 2012