Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

The great irony of picking up lifting from a clothing forum with the intention of making clothes fit better and gradually realizing that clothes don't fit healthy people.

2. Saul Silver

Saul Silver Senior member

Clothes usually do fit "healthy people", bodybuilders/powerlifters not so much. You don't need clothes when you have aesthetics

3. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

100kg lat pull 3 x 8, feels good. I must be able to do pull ups before long. Also did 10 mins or so of cardio after weights, didnt enjoy it but oh well.

4. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

5. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Depends how wide the grip is, with the grip width shown in the top pic of that article, i can do 2 pull ups. Most of the actual pullup stations in gyms have seperate handles which are so wide that i cant do any. I tried for about 6 weeks to do chin ups, and went from being able to do 2 with good form, to being able to do 3, using jump ups with slow negatives, using hips for momentum etc, didnt make any progress.

6. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

that's weird.

However, I still think that if you indeed want to be able to do pull-ups for reps you need to do them. And chins aren't necessarily easier than normal pullups.

7. fuji

fuji Senior member

Erryone was miring aesthetics at da club yesterday. My complaints about it might just be me judging myself too harshly.

8. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I have two Saks suits made of Zegna wool. Obviously, not slim but not baggy neither.

Admittedly, it isn't the most comfortable. Nor is the dress shirt underneath. Anything with a collar sucks. If the back of the collar is up I have to do the whole "swinging motion with the top of the shirt" to try to get it down. :(

Putting on a tie is a nightmare.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  9. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

What about assisted pull ups/chin ups?

10. jarude

jarude Senior member

Band assist pullups are great

Sent from my K080 using Tapatalk

11. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

100kg lat pull down @ 2 solid pull ups seems a bit off.

My lat pd is much lower, but I'm able to crank out about 32 on a given day...

12. fuji

fuji Senior member

Yeah I used to use lat pull down as a measure of strength. Too easy to use your body weight to move the weight down. Went from an 100kg lat pull down to doing chin ups and I could get out about 5. Started doing chin ups for reps and weighted singles and the number I can do has gone up quite a bit.

13. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

I use good form, i hate when people lean right back and use their whole body to pull. Im talking about the plate loaded pull downs rather than the 'cable' type ones, which are way harder and dont seem to feel anything in the lats.

I need to bulk again...i look like such a twig at 175. I just couldnt face getting to 200lb and being 20% bf...i dont want to ever be that fat.

14. fuji

fuji Senior member

Im 200lb and not 20% body fat. Gain weight 200lb is pretty standard weight for someone over 6'. Wish I had one of those, they look really good. Hate the cable one I have.

15. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Yeah but i felt i was about 15% at 180lb and the slight gut was freaking me out. I was ok at that level, but to then gain another 20lb pretty quickly i definitley would have been close to 20% so im dropping down now before i put all that mass on. I was also reading an article about bulking, which said you can never lose fat cells that you gain, only shrink them. So the leaner you keep the easier it will be to keep lean in the future.