Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yeah, meal one usually consists of ~100g carbs and veggies.

Meal two usually has ~100g fats.

And I eat like 2-3 bananas here and there during the day while eating the dozen eggs.

So more like 2.5 meals.

2. jarude

jarude Senior member

see dawg? pounds of meat

3. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

The sheer amount you guys eat in a day makes me want to hurl. Granted, I don't eat meat..

4. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

fucking food poisoning is just starting to leave me. I look like a shriveled shell of myself.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011

5. fuji

fuji Senior member

Another bench PR, added another 2.5kg on the bar. Bar speed was so slow though, must have been 10 seconds of pushing. How should I work on bar speed? Just speed bench? Worked really well on my deadlift, but my bench is much lower.

This boy I know thinks he's hard as fuck and stacked or something. A couple months ago I got his name wrong and since then he always saying how he's gonna beat the fuck out of me. Was at my gym today having his friend film his 45lb dumbbell bench. Is it possible to hard when you have a double digit bench press? Think he's got that small man complex or something because he's like 5'2".

6. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

:fonz:

8 ounces of most whole-cuts of meat (steaks, chops, roasts, breast, thigh) will have around 60g protein and it's actually pretty damn easy to eat half a pound of meat. I do 3 meals of ~8oz meat each (sometimes more if I'm particularly hungry), and then two snacks during the day with greek yogurt or cottage cheese, which are about 20g each. Probably get another 20g+ of protein from miscellaneous sources like beans or vegetables or nuts.

7. fuji

fuji Senior member

Shit man theres 60g of protein in half a pound of meat? I thought it was only like 30g. Im on like 300g of protein a day then.

8. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

fuji how the fuck are you 200 lbs or whatever, bring me some food when you come to HK

9. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

8oz cooked meat ~50-60g

8oz uncooked meat ~40-50g

10. fuji

fuji Senior member

Cuz im fat lol. Realised I wasn't gaining mass on like 4000 calories a day so I kept increasing till I started putting on mass, getting that powerlifting build though, which isn't aesthetic. would probably look pretty good around 185lb. Will look good in the summer when I cut down and get my abs back.

11. jarude

jarude Senior member

fooj i bet if you cut down to like 10% you would look good even in spite of all the issues you have with your physique

12. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Im cutting to maybe 10% if i dont feel too skinny. According to my calculations, i have 151lb lean mass, which means to be 10% without losing lean mass i need to be 168lb. I'm not sure how to measure lean mass losses, im pretty much just measuring my arms as they are very lean so if they start shrinking, i figure im losing muscle and will stop cutting. The plan is then to bulk up to 195 which should see me at around 15% and 160 odd lean mass if i do SS hardcore for a few months.

13. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

A good snatch session today, I'd say. Missed 65 three times in a row, threw on 2.5 kg more and smoked it (because fuck you bar, that's why). That's 67.5 and I'm a bit under 5 kg to a bw snatch.

I'm amazed. When I started back in september all I was thinking was like 'shit, I'll be lucky to be able to do these lifts on an empty barbell, much less with any weight come december'. Guess I was selling myself short there.

14. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Pretty much a given when most women are taller than you.

15. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

:slayer: Keep on truckin, you'll hit your bwt snatch mark soon enough.

Today I did 2 sets of 5 hang clean at 100kg trying to work on speed. Almost died on the very last rep.... really fatigued at that point and didn't get much momentum on the bar. Had to get under super fast and the bar was not located very well, too far forward. I probably should've just bailed, but I'm too stubborn so I fought the battle in the hole to get control and stand up. I'm sure in the grand scheme of things completing that last rep is inconsequential, but mentally it felt awesome to finish it.