• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

pounds of meat

Come on Rudolph. Something a little more substantial would be helpful. You can work in sled pulls if you find it helps.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah thats pulling much higher then I was. I was missing the 2nd pull I think. Probably drop the weight next time I do it and pull higher.

basically high pulls vs extensions. both are equally usefull.
yeah you were doing snatch extensions, where you keep your elbows locked.

If you want to do maximal weight use a clean grip.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Come on Rudolph. Something a little more substantial would be helpful. You can work in sled pulls if you find it helps.

no, seriously, pounds of meat

how are the three-board curls going

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Used olympic plates (the kind that bounce) for the first time today at a new gym I dropped into, they are AMAZING.

The gym itself is like an adult's playground. 2 ice rinks, basketball courts, badminton courts, indoor soccer (futsal), ping pong, running track, huge cardio/weight area, 6 squat stations, 4 of which equipped with the olympic plates and deadlift platforms.

Costs twice as much as my current gym, but I am quite interested in joining.

Last edited:

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do you need bumper plates for squatting? Am I missing something? Beyond that, that gym sounds pretty badass if you exercise frequently (and do more than just weight lift).

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You don't, only really need them for oly lifts or anything where your going to drop the bar. Or if you want to make deadlifts really easy after the first rep.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry I was unclear, the platforms are positioned just behind each cage, which also holds all the plates and such. it's not setup with separate platforms and cages.

Last edited:

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How do you guys topping 200lb going without whey do it? I'm on 2 scoops a day and I keep running into walls on how to get all this ******* protein into me. The ability to mix the whey into my foods (shakes/yogurts) is proving to be somewhat essential.

Personally, I see no reason to go completely without whey. My post workout meal is always a cup of oats, scoop of chocolate whey, walnuts, frozen berries, milk, cocoa powder, and ice cream. I don't see why I would avoid eating this. I am rather carcino-phobic, too, but I'm comfortable with Dymatize All-Natural. If I really wanted to, I could eat 3 cheese sticks and skip the powder. I just don't know what the argument to do so would be?

Sometimes I think we lose sight of the forest for the trees on protein. When I was plainly over-eating protein, I was lean as **** and the strength gains were lacking.

And to edit in: I am not 200lbs so I will admit I am not your target audience.

Last edited:

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how were your strength gains lacking with an abundance of protein??

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Personally, I see no reason to go completely without whey. My post workout meal is always a cup of oats, scoop of chocolate whey, walnuts, frozen berries, milk, cocoa powder, and ice cream. I don't see why I would avoid eating this. I am rather carcino-phobic, too, but I'm comfortable with Dymatize All-Natural. If I really wanted to, I could eat 3 cheese sticks and skip the powder. I just don't know what the argument to do so would be?
Sometimes I think we lose sight of the forest for the trees on protein. When I was plainly over-eating protein, I was lean as **** and the strength gains were lacking.
And to edit in: I am not 200lbs so I will admit I am not your target audience.

And neither am I. I am more curious how these guys are eating all this ******* food in a workable plan.

no, seriously, pounds of meat
how are the three-board curls going

lol. I know about the pounds of meat Dr, I was kind of hoping for some sort of meal breakdown from someone in my bracket.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im just over 200lb. I do eat pretty much all the time. I do take a lot of whey protein supps and as db gmm said I don't see why anyone wouldn't take them. I take about 6 scoops of whey so like 120g with 500ml of whole milk a day. Breakfast is usually carb heavy with a bit of protein. Post workout meal is always very protein heavy, usually about a pound of meat or fish with a bit of carbs on the side, dinner is again like this. Usually have 2 more meals similar to this with about 50g of protein combined so like say 2 cans of tuna or something. Before bed I usually have a couple scoops of peanut butter and 3 scoops of whey with 250ml of whole milk. Do kind of hate eating like this, but its getting results.

Todays meal plan was a bit different then usual

Morning: turkey and stuffing on an english muffin, 250ml of whole milk, 3 scoops of whey and a banana
Post work out: 250ml of whole milk, 3 scoops of whey, bit of turkey stuffing and a yam
Dinner: Pasta and lamb, not much lamb
After Dinner: same as before, pasta and lamb
2nd meal after dinner: Turkey and stuffing and a bit of peanut butter

Probably had 2lb of turkey today.

Last edited:

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
meal one: half pound of meat

meal two: half pound of meat

meal three: half pound of meat

meal four: half pound of meat

BOOM

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Pretty much what I do except.
Meal 1: One pound of meat
Meal 2: One pound of meat
Dozen eggs scattered throughout the day

You only eat two meals? You eating carbs and/or fruit/veggies?

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My diet:

Meal 1: 8 egg whites, 1 whole egg
Meals 2-6: 7 oz chicken/2 cans tuna/2 scoops whey + green vegetables
Some Fat Free Cottage Cheese if necessary before bed

Already back down to 168.7lbs today. Really excited because I thought it'd take me two weeks to get back down to this after Xmas binging hahaha. Hoping to be down to 167 by tomorrow.

Still making lifting gains. :slayer:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads