Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

Obv he's just using accumulating resistance so the lock out of his reverse curl is stronger guys. Westside for oly lifting, gonna hit that band resisted, cambered bar low box clean on ME day.

2. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

I think I am done deloading, at least according to the 5/3/1 guidelines. Since coming back, my deadlift and overhead press have both declined. Next time, I think I am going to either skip the deload entirely or just take a week off vs. the 50% effort suggested on 5/3/1.

3. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Does not compute.

4. theom-

theom- Senior member

+1

Why would you do this? If your lifts have gone down, your either not eating enough or sleeping enough. I would look at a lot of other things before blaming it on 5/3/1.

Why are you still doing 5/3/1 anyway? IIRC your numbers really aren't that high and you would benefit much more from 5x5.

5. jarude

jarude Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

i believe i have won the internets. thanks to lucharilla.com

6. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

What. The. Fuck.

7. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

+1. Good God.

8. fuji

fuji Senior member

What he does at 7:20 is pretty impressive, doubt I could do that. Everything else is retard though. I like his shakey stick though. looks functional as fuck.

Shit day at the gym, tried to max out on my squat but 120kg felt like it was crushing me so I just did a bunch of tripples at 120kg and then deadlift tripples at 140kg. Feels bad man.

9. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I'm almost near certain you can do that.. and with heavier dumbbells.. (but why, right? haha)

10. jarude

jarude Senior member

i went from lolling at the cable press and squat to my jaw dropping open in disbelief at the chain bb javelin balance with shakey stick squat at 5:25. absolutely unbelievable. or how about the kb oh squat, 3 KB front raises, squat, kb shoulder press?? fuckarounditis at its finest.

trh i am holding you personally responsible for your countrymen here. there is only one way to restore your honour.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

Isn't he basically doing a like a weighted reverse dragon fly? Looks really hard. Must require a beastly core to hold him self like that. Maybe im just looking at it wrong and its really easy. My favourite thing he does is the bosu ball cable press because he looks like he doesn't really know what he's doing and he's just kind of moving about it with no real goal. That or shakey stick chain barbell stuff. OOOOH or the bosu ball uneven loading accumulating resistance bicep curl.

12. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I don't think I will ever understand DL articles that suggest doing things with the shoulders. Is it possible that shoulder management has a lot to do with body type (aka - body specific DL form)? Putting my shoulders in my back pocket or "back and down" cues simply fuck me all up. Maybe my shoulders are actually more flexible than normal at this point, because if I do this, my entire DL position drops at least another 1, maybe a full 2 inches. How many of us can just drop our DL starting position down 2 inches and expect anything to remain the same? I don't have the flexibility for that. Shit, I don't even like wearing chuck's to DL because of the extra height.

I see no value at all in activating the shoulder musculature to hold an awkward position and modify my entire starting stance VS holding a tight, NEUTRAL shoulder. Am I missing something? Maybe I'm blundering into BB oriented DL articles by accident.

I also need to modify my low bar back squat grip or bar position again. It doesn't hurt while I do it, but my left shoulder is just raped for 48 hrs afterwards. I either am straining against my maximal range of motion while gripping the bar to provide a shelf or I am resting the bar on my shoulder in a way that it crushes and strains the shoulder ball and joint socket. I don't know...

13. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

I thought that the point of deloading was to give your body time to recover. My concern was that doing lifts at 50% per 5/3/1 was just acclimating my body to lower weights as opposed to letting it rest.

Can you point me in the right direction of information on a good 5 x 5 program? Is it as simple as doing 5 reps of 5 and increasing weight each time?

Edit: I guess Stronglifts 5x5 is the right place to look, thanks search button

14. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

How the fuck could you guys watch any more than 2 minutes of that without raging?

5 sets of 5 at the same weight (not including warmup), increasing the weight by 2.5-10lbs per workout

15. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

I'm uh.. at a loss for words here. The fuck did I just watch?