Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

Mum is on the whole "oats/wheets/sugars/non meat or vegetables are toxic hype too. She also does yoga and says my training is bad for me. I think not eating oats and being a retard goes hand in hand.

2. theom-

theom- Senior member

My meet today was a success, weighed in at 74.2. Snatch: opened at 70kg, missed 75, made 76. Clean and jerk: opened at 86kg, made 91, made 95. I'm pretty satisfied for my first meet.

3. virus646

virus646 Senior member

4. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Keep in mind I'm mentally deficient as fuji alluded to, and i believe everything I read.

5. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

did not go to the gym fri/sat and missed DL day, feel guilty/slightly agitated on the flip side, i've been eating none stop. don't like the feeling of being full, but not being "active" though going for DL tomorrow then squat monday this site helps get me pumping again as does this video: http://2fit-2quit.tumblr.com/#8 [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  6. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

This is excellent man, congratulations. I only wish I had those lifts.

7. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I guess I'm sort of curious as to what you mean when you say "cheat". When I think of somebody creating a "cheat" regimen it means that they will allow themselves something that they wouldn't normally allow themselves the other 5-6 days of the week, like say carbs or a sweet dessert. The point of cheating is to allow yourself to have something that if you consumed it all the time and didn't exercise at a feverish rate that you would get fat. You burn so many calories, that really you can eat whatever you want and it isn't really going to cause you to "get fat".

I'm seriously not trying to be a troll or anything, I just it's sort of weird that you use the phrase cheat.

8. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

That's exactly what I do. Friday night - Sunday night, all junk food (fried cheesy shit, pizza, burgers, chips, ice cream, etc etc etc). About 15k calories worth. At least 1000g carbs.

Monday-Friday eat generally clean.

Thus I call it a cheat weekend.

9. fuji

fuji Senior member

If chariy ate what he eats on his cheat days all week long he'd get fat. 10k calories of pizza, wings and ice cream will do that to you irregardless of how much you exercise.

Some times T nation has good articles, but what the fuck is this shit

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/the_deadlift_who_needs_it

No holding a dumbbell over head whilst doing a lunge holding a kettle ball by your side is not better then a deadlift.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  10. jarude

jarude Senior member

nice job theom :slayer: i have to start motivating my ass for a meet of some sort.

how outspoken are you guys about lifting? i see a lot of brotypes on my facebook with topless flexing profile pictures and albums full of pictures of their supplement cupboards (0). there's another du at my job who will not shut the fuck up about how hard he hit the gym the other day despite him being a fat, brash and outspoken turd. am i the only one who feels a little odd/conceited/pretentious/boastful about unsolicited lifting talk? i mean, if people are having a general conversation about the gym or something, i don't mind that but i just feel funny coming out with DAT SWOLE. a little embarassing if you ask me. its one thing if you have a few pictures up from a meet or something, just as anyone who plays any sport would have a few gameday shots, but the mirror-flex shots seem to be nauseatingly narcissistic.

i've always thought that if you lift, people are going to notice your physique regardless of whether you trumpet it or not. talking about it incessantly or posting a topless profile shot seems to a little tasteless. thoughts?

i got through the "reasons why people deadlift" and then saw the "benefits of single leg training" and choked back a little vomit. for some stupid fucking reason, the fitness industry has to be so polarizing. its this OR that. grains or no grains. bodybuilding or powerlifting. deadlifts or no deadlifts. there is always going to be some fucking dicktree who wants to stir the pot, wave his dick around, make his little splash and create a little legion of sycophants and some notoriety for himself, so he can be a "somebody" in the fitness world. its fucking infuriating. yeah, single leg training is a useful tool in certain applications. your programming should also be designed around your goals. these concepts have been around as long as rational thought has been applied to picking stuff up and putting it down. however, to come out, tilt your nose back disdainfully and say "this is why you shouldn't deadlift" with two pages of internet namedropping makes me want to choke a bitch. there is nothing new in the world of lifting, save for things that guys like poliquin discover things like the 6/1 principle. these people should be the true trendsetters; unfortunately its always some nameless fuckface on tnation who is spitting out some face-palmingly fucking dense garbage that some asshole at the gym is going to tap you on the shoulder with when you're trying to mind your own fucking business. ugh.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  11. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

wtf is a kettle ball? no, wait, I don't want to know.

No, you're definitely not alone on this. Sure, I'll talk lifting with ppl who actually know their shit if it comes up in a conversation. It's not like I go around shouting inane stuff about my last front squat max or snatch PR to everyone.

Yeah and I don't even have facebook, and if I did there'd never be any selfshot borderline homo pics there.

12. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I have many topless pictures all across facebook and the internets #vain #prettybitch #dickswing

13. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

I like them. It's a different way to hit muscles, since the weight is more affected with gravity.

Are you wearing your lavendar underpants?

14. virus646

virus646 Senior member

but everyone knows you're an attention whore!

Personally, I got a really good friend that also lift so when we break PR and shit, we usually just talk to each other and share video but that's about it.

15. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

You missed my pun entirely.