Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

How do you afford all the shit you wear? You're like 17.

2. fuji

fuji Senior member

I wear pretty much all uniqlo now adays, no longer rich? I used to be able to afford high end clothes by selling RLPL and RLBL suits in the MC section and on the occasion other stuff like Tom Ford or Aquascutum and Burberry trenches or what ever else I could find like really nice knits and stuff. Pretty big money in stuff like that, summer of 2010 I made like $8k in 2 weeks, but for some reason I can't get nice clothes for the same prices I used to ($120 is the lowest I paid for a RLBL suit) and people aren't willing to pay how much I would have to ask for them now. Also it was like an 8 hour round trip on the bus to go buy that shit.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  3. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

I always knew that wheat was unhealthy, but damn Im reading about how oats are essentially pointless in a diet as well, even steel-cut. How many of you guys have completely cut grains from the diet? I eat a bowl of miniwheats or oatmeal for breakfast and thats about it, should I curtail that habit with the swiftness?

4. fuji

fuji Senior member

If I didn't eat oats, grains, evil not paleo things I'd prob be weak as fuck. Cut all that stuff from my diet for a couple weaks. Yeah I lost weight, but also felt sick all the time and had no energy to lift. A bowl of pasta or some rice isn't gonna kill you.

5. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Your upper body looks way dominant over lower. This is how big i need to be. Are those the uniqlo skinny fit jeans? I tried those on but even a 35" was skin tight so had to go for the slim straight instead. Also, you've bulked really quickly, you were 185ish not that long ago and now at 200lb...have you got noticeably fatter as well?

6. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

If you read shit off the internets, you will find that whatever macro- or micronutrient you choose, there will be some fitness douche declaring THAT to be absolutely lethal, toxic and THE thing that is stopping your fat loss/gains/whatever. Yet, at least where lifters are concerned, the guys that are the best usually eat everything. And a shitton of it too.

7. fuji

fuji Senior member

Not really, still reasonably lean, I eat a lot of good food, sleep 10-12 hours a day and train heavy and frequently, putting on mass pretty fast. Yeah those are the uniqlo T-000 they are a 31 actually. They're pretty tight, but not too bad. Don't know how they 35" was too small on you, your smaller then me right? Don't think my upper body is too dominant. Just measured myself a second ago a 43" chest 25.5" quads.

8. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Yeah its strange, my quads are 24" and chest is just over 40" so in theory you should have similar proportion to me. I can only attribute the jeans not fitting to my massive backside, i couldnt even button up the 32" and the 35 was tight but wearable. I might start bulking fast again, get back on SS and go for 2lb gain per week see what happens.

9. fuji

fuji Senior member

What program are you running now? I just work on getting stronger now, max out squat and deadlift every week, do squat and deadlift speed work every work and then max out bench twice a week and perform accessory work that works for me twice a week, kind of westsideish. My glutes haven't gotten too big, they're a lot bigger then before and fill out my jeans, but they're proportional. I think some people probably just have bigger ass genetics.

10. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Im not on a specific program now, just been doing a sort of 3 day split with 3 x 8 reps. Arms and back have grown in that time, but not much else and chest still wont budge. I was thinking of doing just one set of 5 on the bench as heavy as possible and try and get stronger that way.

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

i only get like 6hrs of sleep a night, so bad

fml

12. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Already 7k calories in on my cheat weekend.. this going to be record-breaking :)

13. fuji

fuji Senior member

I'd train bench more then once a week, when I was only doing it once a a week I never got any gains at all. Make sure your forms really good, upper back tight "row" the weight down and keep a strong curve in your lower back and get leg drive, also do a lot of upper back work and tricep work.

14. virus646

virus646 Senior member

did 7-8k and feels proud....still a lot to go to have a proper mrbrown cheat weekend.

15. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I'm curious what you've read about oats, although I agree with Fuji here. They are a staple of my diet.