Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I had what seemed like a similar blister one time. To make matters worse, it arrived post-coitus which made me more nervous. I did test clean months and months later, perhaps a year later. After examination and wiki reading, I decided it was in fact a pimple. It just behaves a bit differently because of the location. However, I did the right thing imo and waited for it to heal.

2. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Think that's what this is. I've never had this before but I haven't showered in two or three days tbh and have read that it can happen. I'm not gonna freak out about it but looks like video games again this weekend. :(

On a lighter note, cookies in the break room, someone talk me out of eating them. :D

3. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

4. fuji

fuji Senior member

Benched 100kg for a very very hard slow single. Got that 300/200/400. Wrist wraps helped so much. Got 90kg for a single on the close grip bench press afterwards, surprised how close my close grip 1rm was to my normal bench, any meaning in this?

5. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Nice work.

Well, how close is your grip for benching?

My grip is 81cm apart (powerlifting max limit) or pointers on the outer rings, and my bench and cgbp #s are nowhere close to each other.

The closer your grip is, the closer your bench and cgbp #s will be.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  6. fuji

fuji Senior member

For my bench press I have my ring finger on the outer rings. For my close grip press I have it so my hands are on the grippy bit, but my thumbs are flush with the smooth part. Im 6'3" so I think my arms are fairly close together on the normal bench, but thats probably a pretty standard close grip.

7. mrchariybrown

Yeah, at 6'3", you should probably be at 81cm if it doesn't bother you. That and you probably aren't utilizing as much arch and leg drive as you could be.

But then again, the guys that I talk to are mostly powerlifters. Maybe normal gym goers have close numbers.

8. jarude

jarude Senior member

i can bench far more the closer my grip gets. pecs need more swole :( nice work fooj

9. fuji

fuji Senior member

I arch the fuck out of my lower back and use tonnes of leg drive on both CGBP and normal bench so I don't think thats the problem. I tried to go wider on the bench last week and got pinned by 60kg, my dad who is about 5'9" benches wider then me so I think I am probably going pretty narrow. I like to keep my wrists pretty much straight, is it possible to do that with a wide bench.

10. mrchariybrown

You'll need to inch out slowly, session by session. I'd say move a half finger width out each time til your pointers are on the edge of the outer rings.

It's very possible to keep your wrists straight. For some, like me, it takes a while for your forearms/wrists to build up the stability. Wrist wraps help a ton.

I'm able to keep my wrists pretty straight but once I get to the 4th and 5th reps of heavy sets, my wrists sometimes start bending back.

Just remember to crank those wrist wraps on before your bench - to the point it hurts. There's no such thing as "too tight" ;)

11. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Huge contrast between my OL gym and the college facility. At the former I'm pretty much the dude with the crappiest technique and worst lifts, at the latter it's the other way around.

12. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

+1, as earlier expressed. It's a nice ego boost, though.

13. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

I made it to 170lbs, this was my goal when I started eating more and went on 5/3/1 a few months ago. I now feel that I am at a healthy weight vs. 135 in September and am trying to figure out where to go next. I dont necessarily think I need to put on more size but would like to develop better muscle definition and keep moving up on 5/3/1.

Is it misguided to think that I can somehow regulate my diet to stay around 170lbs, keep making gains on lifts and increase muscle definition that way? Alternatively, I could keep eating big and increasing mass but not sure if that will produce a more "toned" physique though I am sure it will help on lifts. I want to avoid going on a cut, I dont think I could handle it.

14. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Definition, toned, whatever the fuck = low bodyfat. No two ways about it. Recomping is surely possible but it's very slow.

15. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Axelman 17: you gained 35lbs in 3 months?