Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

I wish my gym had a decent back hyper machine. Our one has the axel point positioned right on your balls so every time you extend your back it shoves your balls into it.

Get a video of your squat form, at 155lb you shouldn't need assistance work to progress. You can do glute ham raises on a lat pull down machine, but I don't know if you'll be able to do one. My mate who squats 3 plates at about 150lb tried one last week and tore his hamstring on the eccentric.
    Wouldn't hurt to do good mornings, I love doing them, excited to do some today after ME squats.

2. fuji

fuji Senior member

Fuuuuack got that 140kg squat in a belt and knee wraps. Feels good man. Form wasn't that good, fell a bit forward on the bottom, but I got depth and stood up so its fine. Dickhead in the gym wouldn't let me work in with him so and I didn't want to wait so I couldn't do good mornings today.

3. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

I love it when "injuries" fix themselves. Was doing heavy jerks on Tuesday and after one of the reps when lowering it into the rack position I felt a pretty severe twinge in my lower back and it was mighty uncomfortable. I cursed loudly. But then yesterday I jumped to grab something up high and *boom* whatever was out of sorts jolted back into place and I feel fine now.

I've also come to the realization that my squat needs some big attention, as that is what's holding back my C&J and snatch. For shits and giggles I loaded up the bar with 20kg more than my max clean, and I can pull it and get the catch just fine, but I can't stand up with that weight. I can also jerk more than I can clean. So I'm going to focus on squats for the early part of next year, shoot for a 140kg front squat triple by end of March 2012. Of course, it doesn't help that I've been on a slight deficit/maintenance so that I can be sure to fit into my tuxedo for a ritzy New Years Eve bash, but once that's over I can get my fatty on for a few months.

4. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

65kg done, fucking easy too. Felt like putting much more on the bar but after a good 30-40 mins of snatches I would've probably lost my back angle in the 1st pull due to fatigue. Feels good to be setting PRs every time I lift.. it's going to be over soon, so I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Finished up with some squats, couple sets of triples w/ 120.

Seems like a pretty straightforward weak point there. Getting the fs up will most definitely get you to higher lifts. You must have one monstrously fast 3rd pull if you're able to rack a bar you can't front squat... wish I had that kinda speed.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011

5. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Well, between whatever reason you needed the corticosteroids plus trouble eating, I think you have your answer. I have particular empathy with what you are saying about no power out of the hole. I experienced that exact same issue as overtraining crept up on me this Summer. Everything went to shit for a week, week and a half.

6. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Fuck, so I had this tiny blister on my dick. It's not an STD, but it looks like one and I'm supposed to meet this girl tomorrow night and was planning on boaning her but now I'm afraid she'll get all freaked out about it. What do I do SF? :(

This is a first date, btw, which is why I'm freaking out. Postpone? Lights off? What?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

/wrong thread dude

8. Khayembii Communique

Nah this is random health thoughts, too. Someone just tell me what to do about this dickblister conundrum :(

This is sort of like that time I cut my dick shaving and my gf at the time wanted to boan, only this time I risk losing it for good...

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011

9. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

i thought this was the weight lifting thread, solely lol

you are right.

wow i feel so out of it regarding this thread. didn't realize it was "random..."

you SOL sorry, pretty sure it's not an STD though

10. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Don't let her give you head, or turn out the lights? Or paint a face on it so she won't notice it's a blister?

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

Get her drunk as shit so she can't see the blister? Wear a condom throughout the date so when you fuck she can't see your dick?

12. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

You have a blister on your cock that looks like an STD but you're sure it's not. Riiiiiiiiiight. Get to a doctor before you go sticking that in anyone.

13. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Realistic chance of fucking?

If yes, i'd cancel plans and rearrange in a couple of days. This is too risky. When you fuck you wanna be full of confidence and wanting her to be up close with your dick, not trying to hide it from her.

wanking too much/hard?

14. fuji

fuji Senior member

Gonna go make my friend feel shit who used to be stronger then me before he went to uni and got shit faced every day by out benching him in an hour. Feels good man.

15. Khayembii Communique

I haven't boaned since getting tested. I know it's not.

Thought it might be shaving related since I've gotten similar looking things before on areas where hair grows out but it's too high up. I think it might've just been like a pore blockage or something, I have no idea.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011