Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Have you visited a gym?

2. dune

dune Senior member

Yes - didn't help. Working out a bit at home right now (chin-up bar and dumbbells only, so nothing major), no major changes. Shoulders might be a bit worse for a day or two after I work out, but no long-term impact so far.

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

Repetition upper body day in the gym was so much fun, broed it up in the gym today. Benched 60kg for 3x15 then super setted face pulls and dumbbells rows, then dumbbell over head pressed for 4x5 then super setted curls and shrugs, got dat pump. Much more fun and I feel more tired doing this then regular powerlifting shit, but I don't see how much 15 rep sets not to failure are gonna get my bench up so it's back to heavy squats and good mornings on thursday.

Arms still measuring 15", not feeling aesthetic, may throw in a bit of bicep iso work a couple times a week.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  4. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

I'm ashamed to admit I do this. My legs have gained a few inches diameter but my arms not so much. They look more filled out from benching and tricep work, but not large by any means.

5. jarude

jarude Senior member

nowadays i cant be bothered to do bicep work. tri's i don't mind, i love doing jm presses and whatnot, but i have zero motivation to curl. none. they are without a doubt the most half-assed exercise i do, and im tempted to skip them most days. do 2x20 db rows (not kroc rows) nice and smooth with a long squeeze at the top and then tell me you "need" bicep work afterwards.

6. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

My wife asked me to go with her to a spa she is reviewing and I opted for the "athlete" massage option.

Is it normal to feel more sore than usual after a massage session? I am new to massage have no idea if the therapist knew what she was doing or not.

This was after a deadlift workout but I don't usually feel this sore even after heavy DLs.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  7. virus646

virus646 Senior member

Agreed, added some curls in my training for a month or so but removed them from my new cycle. Just feel like I'm loosing time whenever I'm doing them.

8. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Did my second day of Stronglifts. Fuuuuuuu my legs are going to be so sore tomorrow. I'm enjoying it though. Leave the gym a sweaty mess. Anybody do accessory work with Stronglifts??

9. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Yes, athlete massage is typically the same as deep tissue. They really beat you up, but if you're muscles are tight from constant exercise you really need the extra pressure to loosen them up.

10. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Just 3 sets of chins after deadlifts. Noticing the number of reps I can bang out is starting to drop as my dl weight increases (not to mention my ass is getting fatter).

11. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I used to have low back fatigue from standing for long periods of time. I have had a number of jobs where I end up standing for 2, 4, and 8 hours at a time. I'm invincible right now as far as standing goes and it was adding 30 lbs of muscle that did it. Your pain may not be from the "standard" standing low back fatigue, I don't know, but once I could squat my body weight trivially I no longer experienced fatigue based pain.

12. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Haha same.. I was talking to another gym regular while I was doing curls at the end of my workout, and I said "I can't wait to get done these two sets of curls so I don't have to do them for another two weeks"

He laughed because he thought I was joking :p

13. fuji

fuji Senior member

+1

At 150lb I could do sets of 12 fairly easy, but at 200lb a set of 5 will kill me. I used to not be able to add any weight on them though, but now I can do a single with a 45lb plate chained to my belt.

14. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Fuck the press. I hate the lift because it's so hard to progress on. Any tips on acing the first half of the lift? I have trouble from clavicle to head level. Once it's above my head I can push through the lockout.

15. jarude

jarude Senior member

drop the weight and pause at the bottom. i think the press is the #1 lift that people stall out on all the time; ive been doing it as an assistance movement and i've moved up maybe 10lbs in 3 months