Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. APK

APK Senior member

There's a lot of dead wood on IA. I pretty much only frequent John's Q&A section, the verified Q&A section, the training logs, and occasionally the section with the tips and articles or whatever.

2. jarude

jarude Senior member

diet keeps sucking but deadlift keeps rising :slayer: damn finals, 1 every day this week. finals/studying = diet killer.

3. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

You said it man, I'm so fucking mad about my econometrics fail earlier today that I set a new C&J PR today in training.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  4. jarude

jarude Senior member

i have a final in 2.5 hours and then another 16 hours after that tomorrow morning. do you think i am studying? no, im playing starcraft 2 and reading training logs on IA. let me tell you, if i cared about school as much as i cared about training..

5. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Hip hurts too much to squat through. Needs stretching, strengthening, and/or a break from squatting. Meanwhile, my OHP is catching up to my squat (bench blew by it long ago). Confirmed full on curl-bro. And this was the first Monday weigh in where it went down instead of up since September.

Time to just shoot myself.

6. virus646

virus646 Senior member

+1, my mom used to say the same thing :embar:

7. fuji

fuji Senior member

Aren't you squatting like 85kg for reps? Thats a strong press.

8. fuji

fuji Senior member

Making Pancakes for myself at 1AM, fuck da paleo/no carb police. Did the paleo thing for about a week, felt week as fuck. Did loose a lot of my water weight though.

9. Saul Silver

Saul Silver Senior member

Paleo/keto is mostly BS. Most of the people who say, "OMG I lost so much weight doing paleo" did so because they stuck to a calorie-restricted diet of wholesome unprocessed foods, not because they didn't eat carbs.

10. fuji

fuji Senior member

[​IMG]

I am a culinary genius.

11. jarude

jarude Senior member

12. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Not even close. My working sets are only 1 plate and I don't make any progress because my hip is all fucked up. I always feel a little soreness/pain when doing body weight squats and warmup (I think it gets better with more sets). But as soon as I ramp up to my working weight, I fuck it all up again. I can't really tell what it is, but it's only on my left side (IT band, hip flexor, adductor, abductor and/or possibly other shit). I honestly can't tell if it is because everything is too tight, too weak, or I pulled something and keep aggravating it (possibly a combination of things). Foam rolling the IT band seemed to help that part of it, but my hip is still jacked.

I'm at a loss at what to do... so far, people have suggested foam rolling, doing a shitload of body weight squats everyday, DeFranco's Agile 8, misc stretches, using the ab/adductor machines, etc.

I was about to say I'm still making progress on all my other lifts but I just fuckin' stalled on ohp today for the first time. Plus, the only guy at my gym with good squats (roughly my size) was there today banging out 2 plates for like 12 reps smoother and faster than my crippled ass can with just the bar. FML

Seriously considering just giving up, buying Skyrim, and kissing all my gains good bye. At least I'll be able to fit in all my old clothes again.

13. virus646

virus646 Senior member

14. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

15. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Have you looked into things like a torn labrum or hip impingement?