Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

Why did I just try to train through a fractured rib? 5 reps into my first set I had to rack the bar. Took painkillers in the morning when it wasn't hurting too bad, but one I got in the gym and started squatting it absolutely killed me. Obviously im gonna stop smolov and im gonna have to drop heavy squats, good mornings and deads for a while, which is shit. Don't know what else I can do, thinking I can probably do front squats as long as I keep my back perfectly straight and verticle. Don't know how much gonna work my hamstrings, leg curl positions me so im lying on my ribs so I can't do that. Suppose I could go really light on the deads and squats and basically just perform them as speed work, definitely can't use my belt for a while. I can probably still bench and press as long as I don't use powerlifting technique and push my chest up by arching my back. Chins and rows should be fine as long as I don't pull the bar into my rib. Thinking of doing this

1. Bench press maybe dumbbell so I don't have the bar hitting my chest.
    over head press
    chin ups
    rows

2. Front squats
    leg extensions
    some kind of hamstring exercise, could just bare the pain and do leg curls
    hanging leg raises

3. Bench press
    close grip bench press
    chin ups
    rows

4. front squats
    leg extensions
    leg curls
    hanging leg raises

Don't know what kind of rep scheme to do, I can probably do progressive overload since my bench and front squat both aren't too strong. Gonna have to cut down on how much I eat, suppose I could get my conditioning up and cut some bf. After a couple weeks ill probably add light squats and deadlifts back in.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  2. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Cool, so what's the main cues to hit in the DL then? Dragging the bar up my legs seemed to help a bit.

3. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

Congrats! I get groped and some minor sexual harrassment at work, but like I say: I'd rather be sexually harassed than be a fat ugly piece of shit. (And I say that as a former fat ugly piece of shit)

Similar HS reunion story: ran into a former HS classmate the other week. She was hot in HS, but now she is pretty thick and unattractive. I, on the other hand, was a late bloomer and was an awkward, sloppy, chubster until halfway through college when I got my shit in order and really started to take care of myself. So, she says "Wow, you look really good now" and then asked me if I was free on the weekend to hang out, and I said "No." It was a lie. I was actually free, just didn't want to waste my time on substandard pussy. If someone had told me 8 years ago I would turn down an chance with her, that would've been pure craziness. But lo and behold, there I was telling one of the [formerly] hottest girls in high school that I was "busy."

4. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

LIKE A FUCKING BOSS

5. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

I am never going to a HS reunion. Don't give a shit what some morons I knew years ago think of me anyway.

In other news, I couldn't even get my 90% DL up today. :fu:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  6. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Holiday hangover. I'm sure you'll be fine.

7. dwcopple

dwcopple Well-Known Member

LMAO

8. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Well my cues are just: air, tight, grip, lean, quad/ham explosion.

All of that results in bloody shins.

9. jarude

jarude Senior member

fuji man why dont you just not lift for awhile? you busted a rib, i am not an expert on training around broken ribs but we're all young dudes with tons of time. any kind of anything broken in my torso just makes anything outside of wrist curls seem painfully unnecessary.

i'd rather deal with a minor setback and let it heal than have to deal with chronic issues caused by wanting to bust my nut in the gym

10. fuji

fuji Senior member

Gonna go tomorrow and see what I can do, really don't want to take off time, I get bored if I don't train. Im guessing ill still be alright for like leg curls, ab exercises where my legs move not my torso, arm iso work, maybe rows and chins and im really hoping front squats, bench and press don't hurt too much, but thats probably too much to ask for.

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

miring functional strength

12. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

fuji if I catch you on one of those stupid things (the ball not the girl) I will cut your cock off.

13. jarude

jarude Senior member

but dawg you dont know when you'll be balancing on a rubber spherical-shaped platform and need to lift two handled objects to your shoulders and then press them above your head repeatedly

14. Saul Silver

Saul Silver Senior member

I see people at my gym doing stuff like that all the time. At least it's not this:

[​IMG]

15. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Oh my lord.