Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. chu

chu Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  2. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

toast, unless you're at 20%+ bf, you don't have a tummy

I ate about 2lbs of a prime rib roast and about half a pound of ham with enough green beans and carrots to make sure I could shit it out the next day (along with other misc bs not worth mentioning).

feelsgoodman.jpg

3. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

~7,800 calories Thursday.

~14,200 calories Friday-now.

Pretty nice Thanksgiving weekend.

4. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Fucking shit my DL day was a goddamn disaster. In fact, my squat day and press day were disasters too.

Squat just did 8 x 210 but put way too much into my quads/hip flexors despite having perfect low bar technique until then. At the very bottom there's a little switch and I lurch a tiny bit forward. There's just no strength in my glutes/hamstrings or my body has forgotten how to harness it or something. Doing even a low weight like 210 burned out my quads and hip flexors.

Press only hit 135 x 5, should be 7-8 by now.

and DL... my god... I was supposed to do 350 for 3+ today and that should have been cake, but I couldn't even do 315 properly. I stretched out, tried to sink lower, then pull back- nope, all back. Just can't fucking do it. At 225 I can, but 315 is just garbage. Fucking shit, fuck fuck fuck.

5. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Went to my 5 year HS reunion this weekend. Everyone was mirin' my physique (I got groped more times than i could count by girls who would barely give me the time of day in HS).

[​IMG]

6. jarude

jarude Senior member

takes awhile to adjust to the sitting back thing, dont stress if it sucks the first little bit. hate shitty sessions though, condolences

:slayer: love it

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  7. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

gjdm

8. mrchariybrown

I have the same problem with my squat sometimes. Right at the bottom, I have a slight switch. It's mainly when my footing is too wide or not angled properly. You might want to tinker around with that because it took me a while to find my optimal footing for squats.

The same goes with deadlifts. A little trick too is to grab to bar and "fall back" and pull on the bar with about 10% force before you actually pull. And when you pull - don't "yank" because for most guys, that just takes them out of a a good position and throws off their leverage.

My power increment is kind of like this in a timeline from the moment I grab the bar to the moment the bar leaves the floor:

0% --->10% --- --- --- --- --->25% --- --- --->50% --- --->75% -->100%

Obviously, way more condensed, into about a 1-1.5 second time frame but you get the point.

9. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

My 5 year reunion was awsome, banged the hottest chick in my class and then didn't call her ever again. (she was a complete stuck up bitch at school)

10. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Thanks for all the info, I'll keep trying. For the deads it's just like there's no way I can arch my back at the point of sitting back and grabbing the bar. The second I put power into it I lose my arch.

For squats I feel like I could do it with feet turned out 45 degrees, don't think that's too much?

11. mrchariybrown

That's your problem on deadlifts. The "arch." Having an arch during deadlifts is very overrated and, quite frankly, that point is mainly pushed by guys that have a weak deadlift. It's good to force it in the beginning to teach the person to keep your lower back straight. That's it. If you look at big deadlifters, most have a straight lower back and curved mid/upper back.

In short, as long as your lower back is straight, you're fine.

For squats, try 45 degrees out. I've seen plenty of guys squat with 45 in a fairly narrow stance. Even more angled for a wider stance obviously.

12. mrchariybrown

Eason, here check my video to see what I mean.

This was last week of me doing speed pulls. About halfway through the video, the angle changes to the side. You see how my lower back is flat but the rest of my back has a slight curve to it?

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

So when you pull, do you brace your abs/lower back, or do you just go free and let the belt do the "supporting" work for you?

14. mrchariybrown

Always brace my abs and lower back. I inhale huge air into my stomach and I push out into my belly (this automatically tightens my core), grab the bar and pull. I wasn't wearing a belt in that video. And when I do wear one, it's no different. The belt offers some extra support by allow you to push against your belly/belt harder. The belt itself doesn't offer anything if you don't push into it.

15. mrchariybrown

As long as your abs aren't caving in during the pull, it's a good indication that your lower back is fine.