Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

Whats wrong with inzers? Do they not work well for oly lifting or something or is it teh fashun?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011

2. fuji

fuji Senior member

Aren't you training for aesthetics anyway? Why would you want to copy what he's doing if he's not jacked?

Don't think it takes years to get to a 405 back squat. I've been training the back squat since mid August and im up to about 280ish for a single. I think you may be the only person on this forum who is more ADD about there routine then me.

3. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

lol well about that dude from my gym. he isn't jacked. it amazes me more that he looks "normal" for what you typically see at the gym, but can perform all crossfit/oly lifts with, from my POV, good form and heavy weight. i would like to think we are all training for aesthetics in a way. for some it may peak quicker than others e.g. some are happy with their aesthetics after 1-2 seasons of training while others are only content and keep training, strength building being another big motivator IMO. i keep thinking about aesthetics, but i am currently training for strength. today i hit 135lb on the squat. 3x5 105, 115, 135 (weight starting week is 153lb as well, getting fat ..) YES I CAN DO A FULL PLATE!! form could be better...tried to replicate this: [VIDEO][/VIDEO] i tried to bring my hip/butt up first then hip thrust like video...the hip thrust in vid... fyi, it seems a narrower stance vs. wider for my squat is better. i can push more when i dip down than explode up

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011

4. jarude

jarude Senior member

toasty on the SPBR you should be using the same weight for all 3 sets, not ramping it. so for your squat, dont go 115,125,135, you should be doing 135x5x3.

5. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Rehbands or Tommy Kono's

I have the latter and love them.

6. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

That's not me being condescending. That should read as me approaching this cautiously. Fact is, two of you use this guy and you have thousands of posts between the two of you and hundreds of lengthy posts in here, but you've discussed the vagaries of grip training more than you have any detail of your training. I guess we have heard a lot about Charly's chains, but I doubt that is the norm. It made sense to ask if you are vague on purpose and you are.

I understand what you are writing above, but it's tricky to express it in a convincing way. What you are suggesting is not convincing. That he is experienced is only the barest minimum requirement, it's not a selling point. I am unaware of his personal success as a lifter or the success of his clients and trusting clients is tricky anyway. If I want proof, hire him? Are you serious?

7. jarude

jarude Senior member

uh... maybe because we both pay for our training and you generally dont broadcast someone's intellectual property onto an internet forum especially if it requires payment. why, pray tell, should i detail the intricacies of my program to you? because i'll be heartbroken if you don't hire him? you have no leverage in this situation; you want proof of his methods without paying or actually experiencing them which subsequently devalues him as a trainer. even better, you do so without being able to offer anything in return. and yes, i am serious about hiring him if you want proof. you want a detailed explanation of his methods and free IP? are you serious? thats what people pay for.

bolded part: really, the proof is in the pudding. maybe you should, you know, look the guy up and learn a little more before you demand information that has been paid for under the pretense that its not protected by an NDA. ridiculous. before i thought you were obnoxious; i'll have to add a sense of entitlement to that. i made a suggestion that someone who could benefit from his training should hire him, now you're criticizing me for not giving up the goods or being convincing enough about selling points when you dont even know the first thing about the guy.

lol that you are still butthurt about the grip thing. hows the functional strength coming?

8. virus646

virus646 Senior member

9. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

After nearly a week off from the flu, back in today and feeling weak as all get out. A tad discouraging, but I'm confident I'll get it back.

10. fuji

fuji Senior member

Another good day on smolov. Im guessing it gets a lot harder next week when I add another 10kg to all the lifts? First weeks is pretty easy it seems. After I finished my 5x7x75% I thought I'd test my 1rm on an olympic higher bar atg squat for funzies. Got to 100kg pretty easily so at least I can do both kinds.

11. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Do you always take every fucking little thing to the absolute extreme? I didn't ask for a detailed blow by blow of your daily routine. A couple of links or his website or some shit would have sufficed. Are you really completely incapable of imagining some middle ground where you are a bit more forthcoming yet preserve the integrity of your arrangement?

I asked for some material which virus has provided. I will make sure and credit him with the referral instead of you. I see he gives a free month or something for referrals and you certainly haven't earned it. So there's my leverage. Too bad you just aren't helpful, or maybe you could have afforded that whey next month.

12. jarude

jarude Senior member

you criticized me for not being "convincing" enough, since you evidently lack the mental capacity to google some variation of "ironaddicts ex training." after you mock me for talking about straps more than my training, i tell you to fuck off for wanting more specific detail. you then get butthurt that someone you're insulting declines to help you any further than he already has. do you see how you're being a complete twat? dont shit where you eat; if you wanted me to be more helpful then you could have started with not being a condescending prick. either way, im glad you're hiring the guy now that you have had adequate proof spoonfed to you. i hope virus enjoys his free month, he's a legit dude. myself, i know i will be stricken with grief when i run out of whey; i will be sure to base my future conduct on what i can "earn" from the grace of a pompous asshat.

PS, he will probably get you to deadlift with straps. hope that doesnt ruin your functional strength. now stop shitting this thread up with your whining.

13. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

lol @ this, you hysterical phaggot

14. virus646

virus646 Senior member

Gonna try to set a new squat record tomorrow, will see how it goes. Will be really sweet to squat 2 wheels + 25 for reps :slayer:

15. jarude

jarude Senior member

can you get off my nuts for a sec? very flattering, but its getting a little embarassing :embar:

275 for reps is :slayer: indeed