Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

105 kg class was so epic I can hardly believe it, both Klokov and Akkaev did 6 out of 6 and everything looked ridiculously easy. London will be a moment in OL history.

2. theom-

theom- Senior member

WHERE ARE YOU WATCHING THIS? I haven't found anywhere to see it

3. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Form critiques please. First time recording squats, lots of butt-wink. Need to figure out how to prevent that, either through stretching or not going as deep.

Deadlift

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Squats

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

4. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

That's not bad at all, but since you're doing high bar (at least looks like it) I'd consider different shoes. Something with a bit of heel will allow the ankles better ROM which in turn will allow you to keep that spinal extension going. Flat-soled Chucks will require pretty good mobility if you want to squat deep.

As for stretches, I'd focus on hip flexors, hamstrings and calves.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011

5. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Do you know if Rezazedeh is competing again?

6. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

You don't need to go that deep. Just below parallel, tighten up and use the stretch reflex to bounce out of the hole.

7. fuji

fuji Senior member

Woundering why your pulling off pads? Does the gym not let you pull from the floor or something? As you go below parallel on your squats your upper back looks like its kind of bending forward. You could try keep your back tighter, but I'd personally just reduce how much depth you get and just stop at parallel.

8. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I find that taking a week off here and there is good in the long run. It'll help prevent overuse injury and keep your psyche up. That said, if you spend the week surrounded by Hostess snacks that might be a sign of some other issues.

9. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

how much do you weight skitlets, your squatting is huge improvement over mine. But we DL about the same.

DL 225 yesterday, only 2 reps before I gassed. Not sure how much time I should take in between reps. I try to go at a constant speed. For example, I felt like skitlets took too much time between reps on the DL, so?

fyi, I DL 225, but can only squat 105 atm geeez

10. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

I doubt it. If our eyeliner wearing, rather chubby friend would've decided to make a comeback I would've expected him to at least lift in the worlds as it's the olympic qual event. He was one of the coaches for Iran's current super guy, Salimi though.

Shit, I'm now regretting so much I didn't get tickets for the 2012 Olympics.. they must at this point be sold out already.

11. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

I don't have proper gym shoes other than chucks. I've seen people squat with a thin piece of wood under the heels. I'm guessing for the same effect. You ever try something like that?

Gym rules, gotta use the pads =(. Oly lifting room with platforms and bumpers is only available with coaching. With high bar, I never know whether to stay as upright as possible or allow myself to bend forward a bit. Bending a bit forward takes some stress off the quads. Going to reduce depth. I didn't realize I was squatting so deep. In my mind it felt like I was stopping a bit after parallel.

Just shy of 135. I do take a long time between reps. Sometimes I just stand up for a few seconds to relax the muscles before going again. Not sure if that's bad or not but I wouldn't be able to pull 5 in a row quickly like beast-mode Charly.

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

135?? yo i am not the skinny guy anymore :lol:

jk jk

13. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Finally over the flu (and a week out of the gym). It totally laid me out. School will suck, but raring to get back into the gym.

14. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Hey he can do whatever he wants when he's throwing up 250kg C&J's with ease. Straight up boss.

15. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Well, not really, I have weightlifting shoes. Putting a piece of wood/small plates under ones heels does basically the same thing, it extends your ankles ROM. IF you're cutting your depth at parallel you probably won't need it.

Stay as upright as you can, shove the knees out.