Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I was checking out the Inzer belts today. What size do you guys recommend? Mainly going to use it for deads and squats.

Also, how are their wrist wraps?

2. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Idk so much about whether the movements really are calorically intense, but since I'm shedding pounds and putting calories away like there's no tomorrow, the difference has to come from somewhere. I honestly don't know if I've put on any muscle, but anything gained seems to go to my legs, as in 'holy shit I can't fit into these mabis anymore'. Strength gains are much more noticeable - my squat technique is really good now, I can front squat loads easily that I would've missed about three months back and my abs and back have gotten way stronger too. Guess all that is just a direct consequence of what the movements require your body to do - put heavy shit over your head continuously in an explosive fashion and it's pretty much guaranteed that you'll get legs, back and abs like you wouldn't believe.

What I'm astounded by is the fact that I'm shedding the flab so effortlessly... I mean I was about the same weight in summer ´10 than I'm now, but the difference in how I look and lift poundages is like night and day. Not doing anything special like keto runs or stuff like that, I just eat a lot and lift.

I can only say that for me this has definitely been a right move, I'm having so much fun it's like being back in hs when all you wanted to do was to bench and curl and shit was awesome.

And in the end, that's what is important wrt exercise... find something you enjoy, be it powerlifting or power walking, doesn't really matter.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011

3. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Trained this morning before classes rather than after. Just don't know if I wasn't mentally prepped or what, having just woken up, but I only hit about what I had in the last session, rather than going up in anything.

4. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

I find shoulder dislocations before squats really helps with grip width comfort.

5. theom-

theom- Senior member

Everything you've said, same here. I've been having trouble putting on weight, and I've actually lost weight since I've started. Upperbody hasn't really grown much except my traps, but my quads are much more defined and much larger.

I'm very tempted to just all out dirty bulk at this point.

6. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Human bodies aren't machines are you aren't going to making linear gains nor gains every single workout :)

Get a medium!

Their wrist wraps are pretty nice. Fairly stiff. I like APT's wraps though :)

7. fuji

fuji Senior member

I bought a medium, it hasn't arrived yet and im 6'2" 190lb, don't know how big you are. Just measure around your stomach and choose the size that fits that. Thats all im gonna use mine for, well weighted chins too.

8. fuji

fuji Senior member

Are they really gonna help that much? I've only had wrist pain starting this week really so Im guessing it will just be like lifting before the pain started,

9. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

[COLOR=FF00AA]I AM A MACHINE!!!![/COLOR]

10. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

It changed the game for me on squats and bench.

:slayer:

11. jarude

jarude Senior member

man, guillotines are so wonky, i cant get the hang of them. every time i think i do, i dont. they keep going up though..

12. fuji

fuji Senior member

Im thinking of dropping chin ups from my program for a couple weeks and doing heavy barbell rows. Chin ups getting boring twice a week. Whats the point of the gulitine press? I bench pretty high up, but not neck level well maybe a couple inches off.

13. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Definitley thinking of changing to a split routine. It feels so much better when i do a weight that i can force out 8 reps with good form, rather than 5 reps and always trying to add weight and struggling with form. I did some diverging lat pull downs today at 80kg and it felt good and i feel better pushing myself to do more reps than i do if im struggling to even move the weight for 5. Everyone else in the gym does high rep routines, nobody squats, and yet there are some pretty good physiques. I think i would get more enjoyment out of my gym time this way, as its more interesting, SS is boring as fuck especially when you arent getting stronger.

14. Saul Silver

Saul Silver Senior member

This is pretty much the same conclusion I came to. I lift for aesthetics, health, and because it's fun. I respect powerlifters but I really don't give two shits about any of it. I'd rather lift just for the pure enjoyment of it rather than obsessively worry about my deadlift form or freak out because my lift progressions is off track.

15. fuji

fuji Senior member

I just ate a grilled cheese with about 3/4 of a pound of corn beef, quite a bit of colby jack on rye bread and covered in olive oil. Then I drank 500ml of whole milk mixed with 3 scoops of whey protein. If you did that a couple times a day SS would probably work. Also your 5 reps shouldn't really be to failure and if you can't comfortably move up weight then you shouldn't. I've made the best gains on 531 of any program I've done. Probably because the volume is pretty low. You only have 1 set to failure each session after whats basically 5 or so sets of warm ups so you can always destroy that set and hit a PR week after week. Never stalled with 531, you might do if you increasing more then the recommended amounts, but 65lb a year increase on press and bench and 130lb on squat and deadlift isn't exactly bad. I Never take my assistance work is never taken to failure either.

If you think confusing your biceps with 10 different kind of curls is gonna build them more then rows and chins then go for it.