Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Wasn't exactly super serious (cereal) there. Personally I'm not really big on cardio right now, and when I was doing more endurance stuff I'd always do it outside. Hate hanging indoors when there's good trails just some klicks from my front door.. but that's just me though. Want to do cardio, do cardio.

2. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

My squat hasnt increased for like 4 workouts, stuck at 80kg and its still hard to do it with proper form. Bench is stuck at 55kg but i had a spotter today and i felt a lot more confident pushing myself. Will try and add 2.5kg next workout if i can get a spotter. Deadlift went up again, pulled 115kg for 5.

3. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

thanks TrH. i remember that video but then sort of scared to try it. i might eat it face first

the seats at my gym are too small to fit both my knees.

may just consider the board.

4. theom-

theom- Senior member

We need to eat more lol. We should be about 25 lbs heavier.

5. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Walk the dog.

6. fuji

fuji Senior member

Got bitched at by a doctor again for the lifting. Told me to lay off the bench press because my chest has been hurting. Asked him if I could still train legs, he said "yes its fine to jog or do other cardio vascular activities" lolololololololololololololol

7. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

If the doc tells you to take a break.... take a break.

Dropped my 24hr fitness membership. Moving to a diff city and will no longer have one in the area. They kinda sucked anyways, never able to find one on the road. Going to join Anytime Fitness. They're pretty much everywhere, so now, hopefully, I'll be able to find a gym on the road easily.

8. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Fucking hate doctors like that, bet he'd say that the deadlift is bad for your back if you asked

9. fuji

fuji Senior member

Trained today anyway. Hit a rep PR on the squat by 2 extra reps and I did cambered bar good mornings. Ridiculously hard. I've never really trained the good morning as a lift, more as assistance, but 80kg for 5 nearly pinned me on the last rep. Upper back is really sore.

Edit: Just weighed in at 190lb, hoping to get to double my body weight when I first started training (112lb) eventually then ill probably start cutting down a bit.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011

10. sonick

sonick Senior member

lol when I tweaked my shoulder, the female dancer physiotherapist told me that squats were unnecessary fitness-wise in today's day and age.

I was like... bitch what? :foo:

Haven't gone back to her since.

11. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

You can't really fault GPs for not being in the know about everything wrt strength and fitness. Sports physicians are usually the ones that really do know their shit, and if you have a chance to go to one, I recommend it.

12. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

You can when they try to act like they know what they're talking about. Doctors pull that shit all the time.

13. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

That's cause for most people it's true. The guy dead lifting by writhing his body is going to fuck his back, the guy good-morning squatting will probably hurt himself, etc. We've all seen many of these guys at the gym. In the age of 15-minute appointments, it's unfeasible for your GP to actually sit down with you and get your workout history/knowledge. Easier to say "Don't do it."

14. fuji

fuji Senior member

Tried on slim dress trousers I bought on August the 18th for a job interview, ass rips open upon taking a few steps. This was already after I had sized up a couple inches for quad size. Tried on baggy as fuck looking ralph lauren polo old man chinos, quads are still pretty tight, huge on the calves. Fuck you trousers for not wanting to fit me.

15. James_M

James_M Senior member

A video featuring the number one muscle building tip. A lot of people can learn from this.

!

It's from the guy who runs this site. He has workouts that can help you look like Brad Pitt, Ryan Gosling and Justin Timberlake.

http://www.kinobody.com/best-of-kinobody/