Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. CodPiece

CodPiece Senior member

Bestbelts.net, they are awesome. Really nice guys.

2. fuji

fuji Senior member

I doubt lifting is messing up your shiting, thats probably diet. You've been lifting for like 2 weeks, your gonna have muscle imbalances, when I first started working out I could military press more then I could squat. Your doing a tried and tested program, keep doing it and you'll get stronger, your squat will catch up. Maybe clean up your squat form, in the beginning it should not be going particularly slowly, if anything it should be pretty fast. Also make sure your deadlift form is good, unless you've got very unusual leverages it shouldn't be too much higher then your squat unless your doing what a lot of noobs do and basically just bending over and picking up the bar. Your definitely not stalling yet, especially in the back or legs, I don't think its even possible to stall so soon. Front squat emphasizes the quads, upper back and abs and take weight off the lower back, hamstrings and glutes, stick with back squats.

I don't suppose anyone has ordered a belt from here or possibly tried one out?

http://www.future-physique.com/power_lifting_and_lever_action.html

Im worried about buying a belt from somewhere i've never heard of. I'd rather have an inzer. I typed in bestbelts.net and nothing came up.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  3. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Blah blah blah.. get a video of your squat and deadlifts. You're probably lagging on those because your form isn't dialed in.

And what fuji said.. stop worrying about muscular imbalances. Especially when you're in the beginning stages.

4. mrchariybrown

And the whole "not being able to crap" thing might be because you're undereating.

Even when I'm trying to lose weight, I'll take at least 3 solid shits a days. Maintaining and gaining, upwards of 5-6.

5. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Increase your water consumption for regularity.

Perceived muscle imbalances are entirely normal. I would not worry about keeping a detailed list.

6. fuji

fuji Senior member

Inzer says they'll ship to an APO address so Im gonna buy one in a bit. I'm guessing at 6'2" 185lb ill probably be a medium. I don't know if I should get a large and just drill more holes in it if its too big. I use a medium golds one and I use the smallest hole on it so I'll probably get a medium inzer.

Just bought it. If anyone wants to tell me that its gonna be massively small on me, let me know before its too late.

7. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

Finally.... nailed bodyweight (190lbs/86kg) snatch for a triple. Felt great. It was smooth enough that I considered going up another 5 lbs, but I had to leave for work. Also added 5kg to my max C&J triple as well. Was practicing my bar sweep and drop speeds (from high hang) earlier this week, I guess it paid off.

8. mrchariybrown

My hammer strength pressing strength is really taking off lol

Next week I'll be at 4 plates per side (360) for 2 x 5 on lying flat HS.. with bottoming out each time.

and 310 for 2 x 8 on seated incline HS.. pausing at the bottom each rep.

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Chuck - I watched your DL vid again, mostly for the hair, and I was was curious about your form. Your back is quite rounded. Any reason why?

10. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Awesomeness. I hope to hit that one day as well.

The problem for me at this stage is the fact that I'm using far too light weights in the snatch. What I mean by this is that I'm working with loads that I can easily just 'muscle' into position and my coach actually told me as much. I should be using a 20+ kg heavier bar to do my snatches (as that would eliminate the slow 3rd pull problem) but surprise surprise, my OHS isn't really there yet.

A bit of a conundrum if you ask me.

And yeah, the 3rd pull is really what makes a great clean.. all you uninitiated can just watch this clip right here:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Naim is basically just able to deadlift that bar into position, but somehow the man teleports himself under that and racks it. Unbelievable stuff.. probably the GOAT of OL.

11. mrchariybrown

Works better with my body. I get optimal leverage that way.

12. APK

APK Senior member

Gettoasty, you sound a lot like me: Worrying about the minutia while overlooking the big basics. The internet is a beautiful thing because it provides such an ample supply if information. It also sucks, because that quantity of information can lead to over-thinking and paralysis by analysis among some people.

You're going to drive yourself insane if you dwell on every nuance of this training thing. Unless you're looking into competitive bodybuilding or something that requires similar attention to detail, just stick with the basic lifts, eat well (and ENOUGH), and be patient. If you're having trouble going to the bathroom, examine the diet. I can almost guarantee that you aren't getting enough fiber (30+ grams) or drinking enough water. Make sure those are in check and you should be good. It also won't hurt to take a probiotic in the morning and digestive enzymes after bigger meals.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Obviously, but don't you put excess pressure on your spine with that much curvature?

14. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

I'm completely confused by BMR calculations. I have gained some muscle over the last 6 months going from 135 to 150 but my BF went from 13% to 16% and I want to drop about 5% of it without losing any muscle mass.

My confusion seems to stem from the exercise multiplier. My BMR at 150lb and 5'10'' is around 1600 cal. I calculate 45 minutes of weight lifting at 200 cal so my break even would be approx 1800. So if I eat 1600 cal on workout days and 1400 on all other days, I should lose half a pound of fat a week then? However, the Harris Benedict multiplier says 1.375 for lightly active (2200 calories) so I should be doing 2000 cal a day everyday regardless of exercise on that day. I'd appreciate some advice. I really don't want to do the lower calorie number and then find I lost muscle mass but I don't want to put weeks into doing the higher number and find I've made no progress. Thanks!

Oh, and can someone rec shoulder/trap stretches...my traps are so tight that they are impinging on my shoulders.

15. mrchariybrown

Well said. Analysis Paralysis is the devil.

I used to think too much about the 1%, and I got no where.

I tossed all that out the window a little under a year ago, and just started hitting deadlifts, squats, and bench hard with a decent amount of accessory work all fueled by a ~40/30/30 with cheat days.

I'm the happiest I've ever been with my training, strength progression, and physique.

Simply put, high intensity compound movements with a shit ton of food and you'll get places.