Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

CHong-Li! Chong-Li! Chong-Li! Chong-Li!

2. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

^I was gonna say, "Is that Chong Li". Has that guy ever played a good guy?

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

Lowered my bar position on the squat so it is mid shoulder instead of just below the traps. Its a lot less comfortable, hurts my wrist a bit more, but I can move much more weight and im stronger out of the hole. Also hit 52.5kg on the over head squat and dropped in on the floor from overhead like a boss. I might start unracking the bar in the squat rack and then walk over to the olympic platform and squat over there. People get angry when you drop the bar on the floor even when you have bumper plates.

4. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

My problem with overhead is that my arms get tired from holding the weight up, even if my legs don't feel much. As a result I'm doing about 75lbs. :embar: How to fix?

5. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

overhead what? overhead squats?

your overhead position sucks some serious ass if your arms are the ones getting fatigued. you need to extend your wrists and elbows so that the structure supporting the weight is solid and your bones take the compressive forces.

Mr. Everett can show you how:

http://www.cathletics.com/exercises/exercise.php?exerciseID=79

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011

6. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

si.

I thought I was doing this, but it's possible I rolled my wrists back instead of locking them. Will practice with just the bar until I feel comfortable. Thanks!

7. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

¬°claro, no hay de que!

and again, it is not really that taxing on your legs when compared to the FS or BS.

8. Prince

Prince Senior member

Thanks guys.

9. APK

APK Senior member

I struggle to eat a lot of chicken unless I shred it. I think it's the added thickness and subsequent extra chewing necessary to eat it. It takes me forever to eat a chicken breast, but I can put away a pound with minimal difficulty if it's been slow cooked and then shredded.

10. sonick

sonick Senior member

Dry/Overcooked chicken white meat makes me gag.

11. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

It's even worse when it's cold.

12. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

My secret to chicken is to cut it into cubes and stir in those McCormick Chipotle GrillMasters seasoning packets (it's supposed to be a marinade but I just put it right in with the chicken and without the oil/whatever else), Frank's and Sriracha. Add in some onions and red pepper and it's awesome.

13. fuji

fuji Senior member

I don't find my shoulders get tired, but they do hurt my left wrist pretty bad. I would prefer to grasp the bar a bit wider, but the collars prevent that so my wrists end up bending against the collar. Considering wrapping my left wrist, but I don't know if I can be bothered. I also find stablising the bar after pressing it overhead and getting into position pretty hard, but thats just probably because im not used to holding a bar that far back yet. Also bought 5kg of whey today.

14. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Beef is where it's at. I've ditched a pound this wk too and I'm putting down beef and carbs like you wouldn't believe. My usual go-tos like chicken breast and tuna have gone by the wayside in favor of more flavor and overall yumminess.

This has probably a lot to do with what I posted a couple of pages back. Adaptation and all that. I do know that I'm going to use wrist wraps for snatching from now on, it really helps quite a bit. Idk about your grip width man, if your wrist is taking some damage bending against the collar maybe it's time to take a slightly narrower grip. We have 6'3" lifters who still don't grip all the way to the collars when doing snatches.

15. fuji

fuji Senior member

I'm 6'2", but I have marfans disorder so my arms are quite a bit longer then they should be so they are pretty long. It might not be the collars, but my left wrist does hurt pretty bad when I go heavy. Might try wrapping it and seeing if it makes a difference. Ill ask if they have any at the gym, don't want to spend money on a pair if they're not gonna do anything.