Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

I'm loling. I'd like to workout with you all but I'm pretty sure you lift 3-4x as much as me. Oh well, I just started up again a couple months ago and avoiding abusing my knee.

My favorite instance though:
    Some douche bro doing c&j and dropping the weight after getting the bar to forehead level. Not even a fucking full rep and drops it thinking he's boss.

2. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Love this. Please come to my gym.

In other news, I'm starting to get raw down my shins from lowering my DLs. Annoying. That's why I wear shinguards in soccer.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

3. Prince

Prince Senior member

Hey guys, just a quick question about purchasing a barbell for home use. I have the option of an olympic bar. This one is 220 cm long and 50 mm wide (20 kg weight). They also have the same bar, but then 180 cm x 50 mm. It is not a weak bar or something, it is based on the 220 cm bar, but just shorter to aid people with less space at home.

Now please tell me, is it really that much more beneficial to use a 220 cm bar over a 180 cm bar? Money is not the problem, but I don't have tons of space, so I'm wondering.

Thanks in advance.

4. fuji

fuji Senior member

Wel you won't be able to do anything with a snatch grip and depending on your grip for bench press you might be at the collars so I suppose that could be pretty uncomftorable.

5. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

From lowering? It should be raw from lifting it.

How are you lowering it?

6. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

It's cool, brother, I'm weak as shit and I post in this thread. Pretty much everybody that regularly posts is very non-judgmental and very helpful. I'm sure that if you were ever in town with these dudes that they would be more than happy to work out w/you. Most people love to mentor others in area where they have an expertise.

7. jarude

jarude Senior member

i talk like i know a lot about stuff but all i do is quote a lifting website and my numbers are in no way reflective of someone whos been lifting for 4 years. get up in this thread, its fun

heheh, i wish i was the iron sport gym guy so i could just walk around giving people the GTFO death stare. my bloody shin issues stopped when i started sumo. echoing charly though, it was always on the lifting part, not the lowering, i always try to just drop the bar and not take my knees out in the process.

prince as far as the bar goes, if you're short on space, go for it unless you absolutely half to use wide grips ie snatch like fuji said. make sure your rack can take it too since a lot of them are built for 7ft bars. unless youre doing olympic lifting or have some other equipment restrictions forcing you to use the longer bar then i would go for the shorter one; whatever facilitates you lifting at home

8. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

It shows

9. jarude

jarude Senior member

[​IMG]

i just got owned, damn son, you are the alpha dawg of this thread. for real. gonna go eat some ice cream now.

10. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

KB lifting doesn't aggrevate lower back. I found a sweet spreadheet/plan for the ETK program.

Also, i found some essential health reading for my fellow men.

11. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

The wise words regarding abstinence and inherited syphilis go well together with the threak about HPV warts found inside someones vagina.

12. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I try to lower it back down as similarly as I bring it up, essentially setting it back down from where I started. I'm supposing this is not looked upon kindly...:uhoh:

13. APK

APK Senior member

I used to do this and it was why I struggled to DL more than 155 pounds. When you lock out, the lift is, for all intents and purposes, finished. You can all but drop the bar after you lock out. No need to risk injury by precariously lowering a bunch of weight.

14. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Don't mind the speedy, half-assed lockouts. No need to lower the bar slowly, unless you want more ways to hurt yourself.

Example of lowering deadlifts from today.

Drop at the end optional. I only do that when I feel really fatigued and I want to save my back for additional sets.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

15. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

That's right drop it and turn around like a boss, you already know it's dead.