Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jarude

jarude Senior member

seriously, so awesome. what a boss. that injury looked terrible... you can see the exact second on his face when his wrists gave out.

:slapfight:

what a mess, why did you even bother responding lol. i was giving advice to a newcomer and you twisted it into something else and started talking about yourself. congratulations on creating a debate about nothing.

2. virus646

virus646 Senior member

3. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

i thought i was going to through up just now during dinner.

big bowl of "chinese spaghetti" after a day filled with sandwich, 2 boiled eggs, almonds and a pear and 2 fish oil pills. the 2 eggs gave me real gas...:embar: common?

i am not sure what to eat post-workout tonight. maybe just some fruits.

Eating today I realize it might be a struggle to eat 2-3 meals, I get full so quick. I felt like a girl eating tonight next to my brother, FML. This is what happens when you live with your S/O lol

Might have to spread my meals out in smaller portions.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  4. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Disclaimer: I haven't actually tried it however he does know his stuff. He also has a ton of good info on everything about exercise on his site.

Today:
    15x singles at 80% of 1rm for OHP and squat. Plus 8x8 chins (weighted), farmers walks, and calves.

Now to eat a pound of ground beef. I'll post here tomorrow if I don't fall asleep and drown in my dinner

5. Radagast

Radagast Senior member

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  6. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

I meant a normal person vs. someone eating an all carb diet which was your ridiculous scenario.

I still disagree with recommending carb timing/gi stuff to anyone at all that is dieting/training.

7. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Let me see 5 digits! :slayer:

8. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Yes and yes.

Christ, that looked awful... have to say that dude has got balls like no other, coming back to something that got you seriously injured and then (again) excelling at it is fucking hard. FWIW I can't even clean with straps at all. Don't know if being strapped to the bar played any part in Zach's injury, but I'd be kinda freaked as it makes dumping the bar a bit harder.

And it's weird how much the O's are a matter of mental toughness - I've yet to make any decent poundages in the lifts, but anytime I've found myself thinking 'wow, that's a PR on the bar' or stuff like that while setting the starting position, I've promptly fucked up the lift. But, as my coach has a habit of saying (usually with a laugh), once I get 10000 reps on the lifts my technique will probably look a lot better.

9. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

God damn OLifting is awesome. Plus Olympic lifters have crazy awesome builds.

10. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

Looked at the RDA listed on food packets for macros. 230g carbs, 70g fat, 40g protein :spew:.

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Trying out an idea, any input?

FYI, I have eaten plain chicken breasts and potatoes with 1 slice of bread and hummus for about 2.5 month straight before. A lot of this is not new to me, but it will take time to get back in the routine and learn again. So as far as variety is concerned, I am okay with it boring foods. Being lactose intolerant, at the moment, my diet is pretty boring already :cry:

Also, I may have a soy allergy. I mean WTF!!

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  12. fuji

fuji Senior member

Some of them do, like that greek guy everyone likes, but looking at the video the the guy didn't look that good even before he broke his wrists, still pretty amazing how he came back from such an injury.

13. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Wow! If you're allergic to soy and dairy, you are going to have to really pound the nuts and the meat. ;)

14. fuji

fuji Senior member

Did 5x5 +10kg on my chin ups today. I've been doing them in a kind of rest pause style though because my wrists always hurt from holding the bar for the too long. What I've been doing is I grab the bar, do an L sit, do the chin up, lower my self down and then do it again. Is there anything wrong with doing this? I can do them normally if I don't add weight, but the additional weight hurts my wrists if I try do them continuously. I figure the fastest way to increase in weight with deadlifts is too do them with a rest between reps so it'll probably work for chins.

15. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Have you tried doing them with a neutral grip?