1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jarude

jarude Senior member

a) blanket statement; how do legs react better? for whom? in terms of strength, size? depends on person and their goals, etc. your reasoning sounds like widowmakers >> all. either way, buddy is doing SS, he needs to not fuck with SS and just do 3x5.
    b) its not that toes dont have to be pointed out, they have to be in a position which allows your knees to track out over them which is dependent on the individual. saying "point your toes out" and taking someone out of their natural comfortable starting point and having their knees buckle/bow is a great way to fuck them up.

im sure it depends on the bar but the one my roommate had cheap foam over the part that touched the doorframe, the foam wore through and the bar messed up the molding pretty good. it cracked enough for us to be on the hook for some damages. i would put it on a doorframe that you dont mind scratching up a bit and make sure the bar itself has some kind of rubber or dense foam on the edge. that being said home pullup bars are awesome and you should def get one.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

:embar:

3. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Going to lift around 7pm tonight, figure I will be hungry by this time and want to make sure I have enough energy. Would you eat dinner beforehand and if not, what kind of snack is a good bet? Some sort of protein bar?

4. fuji

fuji Senior member

Size apparently because of the ratio of fast twitch and slow twitch muscles or something, I don't really know anything about it. Personal trainer probably assumed that was why he was at the gym so he recommended higher reps.

5. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Eat whatever you want based on your macro requirements.

6. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

No, I never eat food. It isn't necessary for good results.

Why in the fuck would you not eat dinner beforehand? some 150 calorie protein bar that gives you gas and also tastes like ass is no substitute.

7. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

wtfwtfwtfwtfwtfwtf i want to kill this guy fuck.

8. willpower

willpower Senior member

Mine works great. No wall damage here. That's a good model to get because it lets you do wide grip pull/chinups.

9. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

I desperatley need to sell all my clothes and start again, everything is too tight or short now. Im currently 171lb. I intend to be at least 185 by the end of the year, so i dunno how to size anything, but im fed up of not having decent clothes. This is a pretty shitty transition period, think im gonna go get some cheap h and m hoodies just so i have something that fits. Fuck knows what im gonna do for jeans.

10. fuji

fuji Senior member

I keep forgetting to buy chalk, gonna have to go find my straps for monday deadlifts. What kind of stores sell it? I heard outdoors stores sell it for mountain climbing.

11. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I've done this. Coupled with a dramatic change in income due to the economy, it has been tricky. My advice would be to sell the old stuff as you outgrow it and try to buy clothing with a touch of wiggle room, but don't buy with the idea you'll be 185 in 4 weeks. It's harder to outgrow a shirt due to lifting than it is to outgrow pants as most shirts in my experience contain plenty of lat and arm room (to an extent). The biggest change in denim for me has been the need for a bit more room in the ass. I have also generally lost the ability to wear the Skinny Guy N&F cut. The waist goes too large to fit my legs.

12. fuji

fuji Senior member

I got given several kilos of mini ritter sports. Diet is over.

13. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

correct

14. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

also, get a little snaplock bag and put some chalk in each time you go. otherwise it gets everywhere.

15. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Any good sports goods store/fitness store will stock chalk. I use this, just throw the thing in a tupperware container. A lot cleaner than having powder in a ziploc.

[​IMG]