Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I can DL 25lb more than my body weight, is that anything to be proud of? (I weigh 150lb DL 3 x 5 @ 135, 155, 175)

Goal is 225lb, good? bad?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  2. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Nah that's nothing. Call me when you're 2.5x /asshole

3. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Define what you mean by good. It's good considering you had no fucking clue on how to DL a few wks ago, nothing special to write home about if you're talking about strength. A 2bw dead is imo when you can say you can pull something, a 2.5 bw pull is better yet.

Although that's a 5RM so you're probably capable of pulling a heavier 1RM.

4. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

5. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

I said "i took on board what you said, but i want to stick with my program." He wasnt happy about it. At first i thought he might be able to give some good advice on squatting, until he told me to do 15 reps and point my feet forward, at which point my bro detector went off the scale. He spent the rest of the evening hitting on a woman who was squatting, telling her how he learnt on his personal trainer course how women should work the upper body to make the legs and bum look smaller. Also telling her to work on shoulders so they were rounder and more balanced to her arms. STFU and let her squat already. Also another PT was helping a woman to quater squat 60kg while standing about an inch behind her and looking like a perv.

6. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

I cant even... is this real life?

7. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

What's "good" is sticking to your program and making progress. The amount of weight is irrelevant.

I do 15-rep sets on squat

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Reword this in english please.

9. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Is it possible to get shoulder blades sticking out but[by?] releasing trigger points in the major back muscles but [by?] having tight rotator-cuff muscles? I was just doing some muscle releases with a foam roller and tennis ball on my left shoulder blade and now it is definitely sticking out more than the right. Nah still doesn't make sense.

10. whallyden

whallyden Senior member

I have a mild case of butt wink. I read conflicting reports about whether this is a flexibility issue or control issue. Anyone have this problem and conquer it?

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

I don't really know what you want people to say? You pulled just over body weight, which is pretty standard for beginners, it's nothing special, not exactly big weight. At 175lb I pulled 352lb, which still isn't anything special.

Nothing wrong with 15 rep sets on squats, I think I did one on thursday, if I remember correctly legs react better to higher reps anyway. I don't understand the not pointing your toes out unless your pointing yours out ridiculously far.

12. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

I just started a new prog where I'm going to failure on every set for pretty much all my lifts and weighting down 10% per set. Problem is I'm starting light and don't want to do 20-30 rep squats and have a heart attack haha so I'm just maxing out at 10 til I get heavy enough.

13. theom-

theom- Senior member

Yes I was half asleep when i wrote that last night. I don't even know.

This is right:

in plain english:

My left shoulder blade protrudes from my back now that I released some trigger points between the shoulder blade and spine, but my pecs, traps and shit are still tight. Is this a possible cause of the shoulder blade sticking out? The protruding shoulder blade was pretty immediate after I did the releases.

AFAIK, scapular winging (shoulder blade sticking out) is pretty rare and usually comes from some nerve problems that connect to the serratus anterior (rib muscle) causing it to bring the shoulder blade more forward. I could have pinched this nerve? I'm really not in any pain except for this huge knot in my traps and tightness in my teres minor and infraspinatus.

Also, I have some clunking in both my shoulders when I abduct it (raise it) in a supinated (palm up) arm position. The clunking also happens in a supinated external rotation (shoulder blade retraction). The Phys therapist who I'm seeing for my hip flexors said the clunking is due to all the trigger points and tightness I have in everything that surround my shoulders. I just started olympic weightlifting a month ago and my muscles aren't quite accustomed to the movements so they knot up pretty easily. The Physical therapist recommended that I go see an active release technique therapist.

I'm pretty sure I strained my infraspinatus (shoulder blade muscle) and teres minor (another shoulder blade muscle) from doing snatch presses. My pecs and shit were too tight to allow full external rotation, so the infrasp and teres had to work against the pecs and delts as well as support the shoulder.

tl;dr: my shoulder's fucked up and I dunno what to do? but it doesn't really hurt.

14. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Have you tried scapula pushups?

15. sonick

sonick Senior member

How well do these removable door frame pull up bars work?

[​IMG]

Do they damage the wall? Hold enough weight?