Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. volatility smile

volatility smile Senior member

Any tips on posture? I have a tendency to slouch. Any of you ex-slouchers do any particular exercise(s) that helped with that? I mean, short of joining the military.

Deadlift and to a lesser extent SLDL, plus back hyperextensions. For the DL focus on the lockout, but don't overdo it, and that should help with your posture. Well, it helped me out, at least [​IMG]

2. Berticus

Berticus Senior member

Hi
    Naturally walking on my tip-toes since I first started...idea why I do this? I don't have any health problems but could this cause any? I think are the most important health tips to ensure the overall healthy development
    Thanks!

Is this guy just a bot advertising an online pharmacy?

In any event, some would argue walking tip-toes is a more natural way to walk. Although I'm not sure how much you're on your toes. I've noticed that when I'm barefoot or wearing my VFF's, the only time my heels are on the ground is like any other animal---when I'm resting. Otherwise while I'm walking or while I'm running, my heels don't touch the ground.

Oh yeah, and powerlifting and oly lifts are when I have my heels on the ground.

Any tips on posture? I have a tendency to slouch. Any of you ex-slouchers do any particular exercise(s) that helped with that? I mean, short of joining the military.

I just became concious of it, and corrected it whenever I noticed I began to slouch.

3. gvibes

gvibes Senior member

I used to have terrible posture, but I think deadlifts (and maybe squats) have forced me into good posture. My fiancee teases me about standing too straight.

4. APK

APK Senior member

I'll be trying Metabolic Drive for the first time; just won a free bottle. At $35/container, I can't see it becoming my go-to protein, but I'm looking forward to finally trying it.

5. Mauby

Mauby Senior member

I used to have terrible posture, but I think deadlifts (and maybe squats) have forced me into good posture. My fiancee teases me about standing too straight.

Thanks. I do those already, but maybe I should step it up.

6. APK

APK Senior member

Almond flour is capable of marvelous things.

7. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Lactate threshold/tolerance work sucks.

8. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Almond flour is capable of marvelous things.

What's the benefit to it?

9. sonick

sonick Senior member

Just got my order in of Spirulina and Chlorella powder. Spirulina is disgusting, the chlorella is tolerable.

10. Nil

Nil Senior member

What's the benefit to it?

You can make macaroons out of it.

11. sonick

sonick Senior member

OMFG I HATE THE FUCKING GYM...

There's these fucking guys that leave their used plates and dumbbells everywhere, fucking grunting like they are getting ass-raped in prison at the end of every set, standing in front of the mirror eye-fucking themselves for at least 5 minutes between sets. There's the one huge guy who is basically all upper body with no ass and chicken legs and his bitches who follow him around the gym.

THEN there's this one guy, normally he's ok, but today he took off his fucking shirt and pants IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GYM and had his gf take pics of him flexing wearing nothing but some sport underwear.

I FUCKING HATE PEOPLE AT THE GYM.

12. Nil

Nil Senior member

I took the last 6 or so weeks off from sparring due to a possibly fractured nose (decent amount of blood, racoon eyes, sore but still straight) and a slightly off schedule but I finally stepped into the ring again tonight. I've been focusing hardcore with cardio in my off time and it paid off. I did 7 rounds with the last 3 being with a guy who outweighs me by at least 50 pounds and recently fought at the national Golden Gloves tournament. And damn, I felt good. No fatigue at all until the very end.

13. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

Lactate threshold/tolerance work sucks.

I haven't done this is a long while. But jesus it sucks. Aside from torture, this is the best way to build mental toughness, given you don't fail[​IMG]

14. isaacjames

isaacjames New Member

Health is the wealth. Therefore, it is require to keep maintain the health. I prefer exercise and diet food to maintain my physics regularly. Another important thing is that to control on the brain. For that I also do exercise as Yoga for the meditation.

15. Mauby

Mauby Senior member

OMFG I HATE THE FUCKING GYM...

There's these fucking guys that leave their used plates and dumbbells everywhere, fucking grunting like they are getting ass-raped in prison at the end of every set, standing in front of the mirror eye-fucking themselves for at least 5 minutes between sets. There's the one huge guy who is basically all upper body with no ass and chicken legs and his bitches who follow him around the gym.

THEN there's this one guy, normally he's ok, but today he took off his fucking shirt and pants IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GYM and had his gf take pics of him flexing wearing nothing but some sport underwear.

I FUCKING HATE PEOPLE AT THE GYM.

There was an old thread dedicated to idiots at the gym...time to fire it up again.