• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
16.5 shoulder? Maybe. I have a Small ToJ gray oxford that fits good right now, although winter bulk will kill it. What is a "CT" shirt?

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Charles Tywrite

On the subject of shirts I bought a bunch of uniqlo heat tech T shirts. They fit just like the normal T shirts, well maybe a little bit slimmer, but they're made of some crap plasticy material so unlike the normal 100% cotton ones they don't stretch out throughout the day so I can look bro as **** all day long.

Last edited:

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i bought a lululemon t-shirt which is the same idea, its my go-to bar shirt as it makes even the skinniest bish look bro'd out.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

... they don't stretch out throughout the day so I can look bro as **** all day long.

:thumbs-up:

There's a guy in my philosophy class who must own 5 of the same grey Nike Pro Combat fitted baselayer shirts. EVERY SINGLE ******* DAY, sitting next to his hopeful-girlfriend. Sheesh.

Oh, and he's probably only a size small.

I've seen my back and shoulders get bigger as a biproduct of heavier squatting just because of the stabilization you need as that bar gets heavier. I bet now that I've learned a bit more about front squats that my arms will start seeing benefits too as I employ that motion more and more.

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I should post this in pissing me off but I'll ***** to you people instead: 2 things today - my ******* elbows seem to be falling apart. Every type of overhead tri lift/extension makes my elbows feel like they've got 50lbs of pressure in the joints. Is this some sort of tennis elbow ****? WTF. Also, I strained a muscle in my back and the ***** isn't healing up.

Secondly, I was dicking around Nieman's today and couldn't fit into a god damn suit jacket. I'm a ******* 46/48 now and I couldn't even get into a 50 in any of the italian styles. ******* muscles. And people wonder why I wear polo shirts and jeans all the time.

Last edited:

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I bet now that I've learned a bit more about front squats that my arms will start seeing benefits too as I employ that motion more and more.

Heavy front squats will get you pretty awesome abs. I'm not even joking here.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I should post this in pissing me off but I'll ***** to you people instead: 2 things today - my ******* elbows seem to be falling apart. Every type of overhead tri lift/extension makes my elbows feel like they've got 50lbs of pressure in the joints. Is this some sort of tennis elbow ****? WTF. Also, I strained a muscle in my back and the ***** isn't healing up.

Are you hyperextending? I got pain in my elbows when doing tricep workouts, then I read about hyperextending putting strain on the tendons not the muscles so made sure I didn't and it stopped it straight away.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Heavy front squats will get you pretty awesome abs. I'm not even joking here.

+1

so much stabilisation. Made my rhombids pretty thick as well.

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, came across some pretty mediocre training lifts, thought I'd put 'em up. Pretty average really (/sarcasm). Please ignore the ****** music.

225 kg push press (insanity):

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

202 kg snatch off a 4" riser (**** insanity, this is unbelievable):

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Klokov is a beast.

Last edited:

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that was marsupialed especially considering how nice the lifts were. that push press looked like it was a warmup.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think I'm going to change up my squat schedule to the following:
2 days a week front squat
2 days a week back squat
1 day a week hanging/overhead squat

Thoughts?

I usually do low weight medium reps (7-10).

Tangential: front squat, Olympic hold or cross arm? I was always taught Olympic but not sure if one is "better" than the other beyond personal preference.

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a shitload of volume, what are you trying to accomplish? Oh, and wtf is a hanging squat?
If it's strength you're after, I'd cut to maybe squatting 2-3 times a wk, with back, front and overhead squats. Even if going for hypertrophy I doubt you'd need to squat 5 times a wk, and I doubt you can maintain any decent intensity if you do.

And it's called clean grip and no, there's pretty much no reason to do the cross arm bb style front squat.

that was marsupialed especially considering how nice the lifts were. that push press looked like it was a warmup.

'twas a sarcastic remark. There's nothing average about those lifts whatsoever.

Last edited:

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sounds like a shitload of volume, what are you trying to accomplish? Oh, and wtf is a hanging squat?

If it's strength you're after, I'd cut to maybe squatting 2-3 times a wk, with back, front and overhead squats. Even if going for hypertrophy I doubt you'd need to squat 5 times a wk, and I doubt you can maintain any decent intensity if you do.

Doc's orders were to do lots of leg exercise. Lunges etc are no go so I figure I'd ramp up the squatting and do a sequence heavy light light light heavy for M-F respectively. I'd assume strength gains were his intention.

Hanging squat is what I was taught to call overhead squats when I first encountered them a few years back. Proper gym knowledge, I lack it.

And it's called clean grip and no, there's pretty much no reason to do the cross arm bb style front squat.
:satisfied:

Last edited:

corneliusparky

Reaction score
5 X a week sounds like a great way to burn yourself out. Unless you are a training machine, 3X would seem to be the limit weekly....your muscles need time to rest and grow.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
those 2 vids you posted, especially the 2nd, how does one from a beginners level get into that?

i noticed after working out lately that i have some poor shoulders (left one), should i attempt?

also,

dead lift, why do i feel it in my thighs the most? am i doing it wrong and performing a squat instead? my knees are bent a little, but i noticed some dude at the gym did it without bending knee, back straight.

i am sticking my bum out and pulling my chest out with shoulder blades back. the motion essentially should be a hip thrust forward with the back straightening out and shoulder blades "touching", chest out, right?

i think i also need to find different shoes than nike frees, i feel a lot of my weight leaning forward (explaining the thigh) than what i am suppose to be doing, which is on my heels.

dead lift yesterday: 105 (Assuming bar is 45lb @ 24H fitness)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads