Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I've found this to be true more often than not.

2. jarude

jarude Senior member

seriously, i remember when i first started on SS and i was walking around the gym with this attitude like "i know THE workout to do, this is the only correct way to lift, everyone else who is more accomplished than me is just so because of genetics. because i squat ass to grass three times a week and dont curl the rest of you are fuckheads." walking around all smug and shit, now i want to go back in time and punch myself. im still lifting noob weight too fwiw :laugh:

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

Reading more strong lifts for the lolz. Just found some bit where he endorses squats by saying how good they are for arm growth. His example is someone who went from a 45lb squat to a 315lb and there arms increased by 1 whole inch. Next time I want to put an inch on my arms I'm gonna try to increase my squat by 700% because thats so much faster then direct arm work, which only pussys do.

4. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I found that to be true. During the periods I've focused on squats have been the times where my arms grew the most.

In the past 9 months since I've gotten serious about powerlifting, I've only done about 3 sets of curls a week with light weights to keep my joints healthy and for a pump here and there. My arms have never been bigger. Just measured 17.1" flexed today. First time over 17" for me. And those periods where I hit my biceps with 6-8 sets of 8-10 every week, my arms stayed stagnant around 15-15.5".

And nowadays, sometimes I'll just skip curls altogether.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011

5. APK

APK Senior member

Have you grown much in areas such as the chest?

6. virus646

virus646 Senior member

Agreed, started doing 3 sets of biceps curls a week since a month to see if it helped my bench (you're only as strong as your weak point) and I've saw some arm progress. Wouldn't do more of them and still hate them but they do have their uses.

Edit: I'm also looking to buy a powerlifting belt. Never used one. Any suggestion for a Canada's buyer (would live to be able to buy it inside the country)? Anything to look out for? I'm thinking of a 10mm olympic one.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011

7. fuji

fuji Senior member

Surely a powerlifting belt is different then an olympic one? I don't know for certain, but aren't olympic ones significantly thinner and tappered? When I asked everyone recommended I buy one from inzer, apparently they're really good although a bit expensive.

8. virus646

virus646 Senior member

powerlifting are 13mm and olympic one are 10mm if I remember right. I'm not so sure which to choose yet.

9. mrchariybrown

Actually yes, I have. My chest, back, everything, have never been bigger. Heavy squatting truly makes your whole body grow like a weed. I think my chest is now closing in on 46".

10. APK

APK Senior member

Christ, that's crazy. I've gone up to 42" from 39.5" earlier this year and it's been an absolute bitch finding shirts that fit in that area.

11. theom-

theom- Senior member

Same here, for the past 4 weeks or so I've only been doing Olympic lifting stuff that excludes any shoulder movements because of my injured shoulder and I haven't really lost any upper body mass, seems like my back has actually gotten bigger.

12. mrchariybrown

Super bitch. I don't fit into any of my clothing anymore. And I just bought a few CT shirts a couple months ago and now they're too tight. Need to rebuy them in a different cut.

Anyone here a 16.5"? :)

13. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

dick size?

14. fuji

fuji Senior member

I had an easier time finding shirts that fit my 32" chest like a year and half or so ago then I do with a 42" chest. Same with jeans as well. Nothing has enough of a taper.

15. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

wtf 10 inches in 18 months?

jesus, you must've still been growing or something.