Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

I think a lot of knee issues come also from squatting high as well. Be that as it may, I don't think deep squats spell insta-death to knees, at least if you're flexible enough to do em.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011

2. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yeah, this is true.

"Shearing" occurs when stopping short of where your knees are capable of going to. I start getting knee pains when cutting depth for competition and train for stopping right below parallel.

3. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Dude, do you squat deeper than the requirement in training? That's awesome.

4. mrchariybrown

I usually free squat ass to grass.

Little by little, I'm going to have to teach my body to cut it at parallel though.

My last competition, I went wayyyyy to deep on my squats which cost me poundage on my squats and also on my bench and deadlift due to the energy expenditure.

5. virus646

virus646 Senior member

Finally pulled a four plates(405lbs) dead lift today. Really happy about that. I was waiting for that one for a long time. Reminds me of how we're never satisfied of our maxes and always want more. Few minutes after the pull and I was already thinking about the 500.

6. mrchariybrown

Great accomplishment. 500 will feel just as sweet :)

7. mrchariybrown

You've got me all excited for 550 and 600 now :D

8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

:fu:

i came here to talk about how i rack pulled 425 today and then ripped a callus

:slayer: nice job

9. fuji

fuji Senior member

Thats my current goal. 4 plates is a bit less in the UK I suppose because is 396 because apparently our bar is 1lb lighter and are plates are 20kg, but they're probably closer then that.

Massive upper back soreness. Can't tell if its actual pain or just DOMS. If I squeeze my shoulder blades it hurts, but its not like lower back pain where it really stings. Did RDLs, Squats, rows and pull overs so I'm hoping its just DOMS.

10. virus646

virus646 Senior member

you'll get there too, don't worry :)

on another note, I didn't feel massive soreness for a long time and it's not like i was not busting my ass in the gym.

11. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

Not sure if this has been posted. Phil Heath is the new Mr. Olympia.

12. fuji

fuji Senior member

Theres this really annoying chubby little mexican kid at my gym who has no idea what he's doing. Normally I don't care, most people don't know what they're doing, but he just does the strangest things at the gym. For example instead of simply using a lat pull down he went over to a cable machine, moved one of the benches over to under the cable machine, went to the lat pull down, took the massive lat pull down handle off of it and then put it on the cable machine. He doesn't even leave the area with the cable machines. My gym is tiny, we have 2 cable machines across from each other so people can do cable flys if they went to. Cable machines are fucking heavy, ours have 200kg of plates inside them. He tries to fucking move them so they're close to each other so he can lie on a bench in between them and doing what i guess would be a cable bench press. Obviously he can't move them close together so he just does what looks like some weird fly/bench press combo on a bench press between 2 very far away cable machines. He also does all his ab work on cable machines by doing those weird crunchs where you hold the rope attachment around your neck and then he has cable push downs and cable curls and also today 1 armed cable rows. I don't usually give a fuck if someone wants to do some retarded work out and just walk around and pick up random dumbbells because they've never recorded their lifts and just do some shit form hammer curls for half an hour and then leave, but its so distracting seeing how strangely this kid is able to fuck up his workout as well as the gym. I don't understand what his fascination with cable machines is.

13. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Lifted with some pretty cool ppl today in training. On the platform to my right was one of the superheavies who's definitely going to London in 2012, on my left a fucking hot chick who holds the national records in both lifts in her weight class. They were both super nice, no ego whatsoever - I would've expected high-caliber lifters to be at least somewhat dismissive to a rookie like myself but no. Maybe I just expect the worst of people and that's the real problem.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011

14. mrchariybrown

It's usually the other way around in my experience. All the elite guys I've met have been super friendly and more than happy to help. And most of the novice lifters I've meet are on the defensive.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011

15. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

i read all that fuji but pics would help next time :happy: