Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

I have new whey protein, its called muscle milk. It's so clumpy and its not that good nutritionally and its so fucking expensive, its like a dollar a scoop. Recommendations for cheap whey protein online that I can buy in bulk?

2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

3. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

4. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Cutting sucks, takes forever, blah

5. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I spoke too soon on this. Weighed myself this morning and I've actually lost a pound this past week. I knew it was weird that I could see more definitely. FUCK, THIS SUCKS.

6. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Try myprotein.co.uk, I think the postage is free at least to the UK. I have their casein protein and it's generally been pretty good value for money.

Shouldn't take forever man. Sure everything is on track?

Btw chariy, when's your next meet coming up?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  7. jarude

jarude Senior member

just got my bands in the mail. holy hell thse things are awesome.

8. sonick

sonick Senior member

FYI, might be bro-science but ON whey uses ion-exchange whey isolates which reportedly saps the whey of other nutritional components as compared to wheys that are microfiltered, which reduces digestibility, actual protein absorption and bio-availability.

9. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Try Reflex instant whey. I used to use the real cheap stuff but it was nasty. Reflex is mainly isolate and has a good reputation for quality and a fair bit cheaper than ON 100% etc. Choc mint tastes good.

10. fuji

fuji Senior member

I should also add I want one as calorically dense as possible, protein content is also important, but as long as im getting like 2/3 protein thats fine. I've used this really shitty like "weight loss whey protein" for ages because its really cheap, but it has barely any calories. I think I'm gonna order of my protein, seems really cheap.

11. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

And for the record, I mainly use casein/other powders to make dessert smoothies. Throw in a bunch of casein, some ice cubes and fresh berries (or fruits), add your choice of sweetener and blend up. Makes a pretty good dessert and certainly has better macros for those times you don't want to indulge in the real thing.

fuuj, just fucking buy a bottle of olive oil. That's pretty good value considering the price of a calorie.

:laugh:

12. MoreFire

MoreFire Senior member

Does that make a protein fluff like the one shown here? Thats actually by far my favorite casein / protein recipe...

13. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Not a fan of that

14. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I like Dymatize 'all natural' myself, however the others listed are mentioned everywhere, too.

I'm no expert on supplements, but if I may suggest something... Do not concern yourself with the caloric density of the protein powder you are purchasing. I suggest buying protein as an INGREDIENT or a TOOL that you use, not as a "weight gaining product" in itself. As soon as any company takes a protein and then packages it into a "gainer" - it jacks up the price AND you give up control of the source of the random calories.

If you want calories, pick a source that suites your needs and add it to the whey / milk / water / whatever. I don't do it a lot, but when I have extra heavy cream from making my own ice cream, you bet your ass it goes in to my next shake. Coconut oil, nutella, peanut butter... these are calories that I trust as I understand the preservatives (lack of) and everything else. So, don't buy "2/3 protein" as you say - buy PROTEIN and do things with it.

just 2c

15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

omnom protein fluff. just made a batch. it's like liquified chocolate marshmellows