Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. sonick

sonick Senior member

Woohoo, did 3 plates a side deadlift yesterday at one rep, twice, but felt I wasn't able to lock out fully at the top. I think it's time to look into getting some chalk, coz I felt it was my grip that was failing.

2. heartworm

heartworm Senior member

I don't know what "muscle milk" is, but if it contains creatine that would account for some kilos as well. I was about your size when I started out, and also put on 5 kg in a few weeks... You'll have to start doing squats and deadlifts soon though. Also, a few liters of whole milk a day will make it easier to gain weight, however you must expect a bit of fat as well.

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

God damn that's a strong ass bitch.

Anybody have a good walkthrough video on the barbell row? Somehow, I just feel like my form isn't right.

4. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Today i've had 200g protein, 400g carbs, 90g fat, 3200 calories and im still starving. I had a meal an hour ago and it feels like its digested and my stomach is asking for more already. Dont know what else to eat, just a pre-bed oats and whey shake i guess.

5. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

If he was really serious about that then he obviously knows absolutely jack shit about lifting, so ignore him. For the one hand deads, I guess they have some use while one is training around an injury that doesn't allow the normal dl. Other than that, idk. Maybe just for shits and giggles?

Yup.

e. 6'1" 160? srsly?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011

6. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Strong ass bitch somehow seems like an understatement for him. Stupid retard strength-having motherfucking bitch seems more accurate.

In multiply comp, h just squatted 1010....... easily........ in the 220's. Fuck. Him.

How do you set up for your barbell rows?

I don't really do them anymore, but when I did, I do them very much like this - [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011

7. fuji

fuji Senior member

I think he does know what he's doing, seen him bench 4 plates before, but he's still a bellend and I know I've progressed loads so he can fuck off. He's also said he's on gear so its not like im gonna get the gains he is.

I did them similarly to charly except I usually bended my knees a bit lower and pulled as quick as I could so I didn't move much, I always end up rowing higher then I should and end up targetting my rhomboids more. I personally hate the barbell row and think the dumbbell row is a better exercise, but thats just my opinion. Less risk of injury and I can handle much more weight, don't know if thats normal. I assume its because your body is supported and you don't have to think so much about the form and you can just pull.

8. fuji

fuji Senior member

Get liquid chalk. if you use enough it should stay on for your whole session and its not so powdery. Its a lot more expensive, but its still only like $10. I use it for everything, even for stuff like curls where grip shouldn't really effect you at all its just nice to not have your hands covered in sweat and slipping around.

9. jarude

jarude Senior member

yeah, this. dislike BB rows immensely since I feel like i'm worrying more about keeping my lower back in the right spot. DB rows let me feel the rowing "groove" much easier. I've also had more success with "properly" rowing the db instead of heaving it up ala kroc row: http://www.lucharilla.com/?p=665

10. Mandrake9072

Mandrake9072 Senior member

Or increase your fat intake

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

I hate when I have to train 3 days in a row. Wasn't in Cambridge on Monday, trained Tuesday, trained today, won't be in Cambridge friday and the gym closes to early on Saturday for me to get to it and its closed on Sunday so ill have to do Thursday.

Did heavy incline press on Tuesday, heavy squats today and Ill do heavy bench press tomorrow. At least its not squats and deadlifts with only 1 day inbetween. I should be able to recover from Incline and then bench.

12. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Bench row is my preferred style, but no gyms have it here. :fu:

13. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Tell him that it was your mother's dying wish that you could go to the gym and overcome your medical disability. Then stare off reflectively.

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Holy Moses!

I setup similarly but I feel like I'm either flaring my elbows or not lifting the weight properly. I have problems with my left scap so I think its exacerbating this sensation.

15. APK

APK Senior member

I do single-arm DB rows now because my lower back always felt compromised at much heavier weights with the BB row.

Haven't been able to do much lower body stuff because my lower back is still healing. Yesterday, though, I did do a shit ton of reps at the calf raise machine at 300 pounds. Really marginal poundage for the machine, but the quantity of reps over many sets had my calves feeling like they were going to burst all day today.