1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Distinguished Member

If you aren't pushing your squat / dl, then it totally makes sense. I figured you pushed all your lifts equally and just genetically have a crazy advantage on the bench.

2. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Yeah I push my bench but I've got some lower back/left ACL things that act up whenever I try to push squats/DL.

3. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

victory! almost recovered from my AIDS without any strength or muscle loss. fuck you antibiotics, I'm never taking you again. On a related note, I can't fit into my nice new MTM shirts anymore [​IMG]

4. mehhhh

mehhhh Senior Member

My random fitness thought is that everyone compliments me on how trim I am but I would probably die if I tried to run a mile and the MILF across the street scares me when she powerwalks.

5. db_ggmm

Starting to more habitually drink more whole milk and have ramped up the slow digesting carbs I eat on a daily basis. I feel like this is working. Looking forward to tomorrow in the gym.

6. thekunk07

thekunk07 Stylish Dinosaur

^toast your whole grain bread. somehow, it actually slows the digestion of the carbs.

7. Kris

Kris Senior Member

Damn I love my squat rack. Older model Tuff Stuff full cage w fully adjustable bar perches and spot rests, and a top and bottom cable attachment and a handy f'n pullup crossbar. I use it for so many different lifts, including inc, flat and dec bench. If it's possible to truly love an object, this is it for me.

8. why

why Distinguished Member

^toast your whole grain bread. somehow, it actually slows the digestion of the carbs.

Not to pick on you, but I don't see why people care about this stuff. Digestion and subsequent utilization is so much more complex that the color of a person's bread at breakfast ceases to have any noticeable effect within the smogasbord of chemical reactions.

9. thekunk07

thekunk07 Stylish Dinosaur

i just said whole grain, but supposedly according to at least 2 lengthy studies, toasting does change the index. take it fwiw.

10. why

why Distinguished Member

i just said whole grain, but supposedly according to at least 2 lengthy studies, toasting does change the index. take it fwiw.

So does the ambient-temperature:time-spent-waiting-for-coffee-to-finish ratio.

The glycemic index doesn't matter a whole lot for people that tend to have regular exercise. If blood sugar goes up quickly then drops from insulin, it gets re-released to fulfill a need easily.

When the endocrine system is out of order (with diabetes or one of the many other metabolic diseases) it will matter.

11. db_ggmm

Towards the end of my 'B' workout (Stronglifts), I do pull ups / chin ups. I was under the impression that if one waits one minute after exertion to failure, 75% of ability returns. I used to be able to see this in action. I would be able to do 12, 9, 6 inverted rows or pull ups, but I don't seem to be able to do this any more for pull ups / chin ups. I'm doing like 12, 2, 3. What gives?

12. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Do you always wait 1 minute? The rest period will partially determine how your muscles get trained. If you wait 30-60 seconds between sets, you're training for endurance. Given that, it's suprising that you're getting worse. Try waiting 2 minutes and see if you still suck?

13. Big Pun

Big Pun Distinguished Member

Do you guys have any equipment at your house? Or do you go to the gym for everything? Right now I got a gym membership for $15 a month, might just stick with that.

14. wmmk

wmmk Distinguished Member

Do you guys have any equipment at your house? Or do you go to the gym for everything? Right now I got a gym membership for $15 a month, might just stick with that.
    I have a bar and squat rack which I use in the garage 9 months a year. The other 3, when it's cold as fuck in the garage, I just run, row, and do a lot of calisthenics. I got all my stuff on craigslist; IIRC, the squat rack, 300 lb. barbell set, and erg put me back about $600 altogether. Completely worth the money. EDIT: I've been trying to see how long I can hold the top of a pullup tonight. Is it stupid to push past when I start feeling pressure and tingling sensations building up in my veins?

15. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

As long as you're breathing it should be okay, you're young and probably not hypertensive.