Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I am lucky that my laptop broke and is in repair + have a new girlfriend or else I'd be ruined by it.

2. jarude

jarude Senior member

seriously. 13 hours straight and the game is still like crack cocaine. i actually pushed back a workout a full day so i could veg out, stuff my face full of junk and play that game.

3. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Must. Not. Play. Deus Ex.

4. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I just reinstalled DX1 along with the HD texture thingy, looks better than before at least.

5. fuji

fuji Senior member

Every things compound, lat pull down doesn't just hit one muscles, uses a bunch of muscles. Do not care about real strength training, I love heavy deads and squats, but everything else I do is pretty much hypertrophy work, don't really need strength for just day to day life, I did however pick up an 8kg box of Cranberry granola yesterday so that was obviously the heavy deads in effect there. I have the core strength, i can do like 15 chins last time I tried, I'd just rather do lat pull down for the reasons I stated before. Love EZ bar curls, mad pump brah.

6. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

This morning I instructed my bench spotter to repeatedly shout "its all you, bro" during my set. For motivation.

7. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

stalled hard on overhead press today. Hit 32.5kg for 3x5 last time, and today went up to 35kg and managed 1x5, 1x3 and then gave up and did a set of 5 with 32.5 again. It felt SO heavy and i felt my back was bending too far back and felt strained. 30kg was really easy 2 workouts ago, yet another 10lb on the bar and i cant even finish the second set.

8. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

9. MoreFire

MoreFire Senior member

Does anybody know a good bodyweight workout routine? Dont have a rack for chin-ups though...
    Have been doing the P90X core workout routine today with elastic bands but damn, that thing sucked.

10. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I like this.

11. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

This article strikes me as as some pussy-assed nonsense. Im guessing written by a physical therapist.

With the overhead press, if you continue to add weight to the bar, any kind of form issues have a way of sorting themselves out. The body finds the most efficient groove to get the bar up.

Get a moderate grip with your elbows out in front of the bar, and you're not going to feel any "impingement..." And keeping the back in extention should be a skill a person learns before he ever picks up a barbell...

12. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Stinger broke both his arms or some shit a couple months ago. An evaluation of his mobility etc might be a good idea.

13. fuji

fuji Senior member

If your back is bending too much drop the weight. Really hurt my lower back a while ago from using too much weight on the press and bending back too far. 10lb is about 1/6th of the original weight so that's quite a jump, progression has to be really slow on the press.

14. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Press is such a bitch to progress on. Anyone have a good form video on it? I never dialed in the perfect elbow positioning.

15. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

Are you microloading? I use 1.25lb plates to increment 2.5lbs at a time.

Videos from Rip. Also check out his DVD.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]