1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

I've been pretty much 'cutting' for 2.5 weeks now, eating between 1700-2500 cals per day and working out as normal. Im down to 176lb, which is a 6lb loss, waist size hasnt really changed though. Its so much easier eating for a cut, just some lean protein, veg, and a bit of carbs and fat....i will be pleased when i no longer have to bulk and look bloated and need to shit every 5 minutes. Just thought i would take the edge off my fat before i start all out bulkign again, which wont be long as i look so skinny. Also have no energy in the gym on this diet, only managed 3 x 5 squats and 4 x 5 bench then i had to leave.

2. fuji

fuji Senior member

Yeah thats pulling much higher then I was. I was missing the 2nd pull I think. Probably drop the weight next time I do it and pull higher.

3. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

I am just having a hard time motivating myself to get up to my gym. If I owned a house I would do the kunk and just put a gym in the garage. Fuck, I hate commuting to have to work out.

4. Eason

Eason Senior member

haha you shouldn't buy unflavoured soy protein either it's probably equally bad

5. Saul Silver

Saul Silver Senior member

same here.

it should get better when I go back to school in a week but I hate having to drive 20 minutes to go to the gym, if I had a barbell at home that would be so awesome.

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Come on Rudolph. Something a little more substantial would be helpful. You can work in sled pulls if you find it helps.

7. theom-

theom- Senior member

basically high pulls vs extensions. both are equally usefull.
    yeah you were doing snatch extensions, where you keep your elbows locked.

If you want to do maximal weight use a clean grip.

8. jarude

jarude Senior member

no, seriously, pounds of meat

how are the three-board curls going

9. sonick

sonick Senior member

Used olympic plates (the kind that bounce) for the first time today at a new gym I dropped into, they are AMAZING.

The gym itself is like an adult's playground. 2 ice rinks, basketball courts, badminton courts, indoor soccer (futsal), ping pong, running track, huge cardio/weight area, 6 squat stations, 4 of which equipped with the olympic plates and deadlift platforms.

Costs twice as much as my current gym, but I am quite interested in joining.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  10. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Why do you need bumper plates for squatting? Am I missing something? Beyond that, that gym sounds pretty badass if you exercise frequently (and do more than just weight lift).

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

You don't, only really need them for oly lifts or anything where your going to drop the bar. Or if you want to make deadlifts really easy after the first rep.

12. sonick

sonick Senior member

Sorry I was unclear, the platforms are positioned just behind each cage, which also holds all the plates and such. it's not setup with separate platforms and cages.

13. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Personally, I see no reason to go completely without whey. My post workout meal is always a cup of oats, scoop of chocolate whey, walnuts, frozen berries, milk, cocoa powder, and ice cream. I don't see why I would avoid eating this. I am rather carcino-phobic, too, but I'm comfortable with Dymatize All-Natural. If I really wanted to, I could eat 3 cheese sticks and skip the powder. I just don't know what the argument to do so would be?

Sometimes I think we lose sight of the forest for the trees on protein. When I was plainly over-eating protein, I was lean as shit and the strength gains were lacking.

And to edit in: I am not 200lbs so I will admit I am not your target audience.

14. jarude

jarude Senior member

how were your strength gains lacking with an abundance of protein??

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

And neither am I. I am more curious how these guys are eating all this fucking food in a workable plan.

lol. I know about the pounds of meat Dr, I was kind of hoping for some sort of meal breakdown from someone in my bracket.

16. fuji

fuji Senior member

Im just over 200lb. I do eat pretty much all the time. I do take a lot of whey protein supps and as db gmm said I don't see why anyone wouldn't take them. I take about 6 scoops of whey so like 120g with 500ml of whole milk a day. Breakfast is usually carb heavy with a bit of protein. Post workout meal is always very protein heavy, usually about a pound of meat or fish with a bit of carbs on the side, dinner is again like this. Usually have 2 more meals similar to this with about 50g of protein combined so like say 2 cans of tuna or something. Before bed I usually have a couple scoops of peanut butter and 3 scoops of whey with 250ml of whole milk. Do kind of hate eating like this, but its getting results.

Todays meal plan was a bit different then usual

Morning: turkey and stuffing on an english muffin, 250ml of whole milk, 3 scoops of whey and a banana
    Post work out: 250ml of whole milk, 3 scoops of whey, bit of turkey stuffing and a yam
    Dinner: Pasta and lamb, not much lamb
    After Dinner: same as before, pasta and lamb
    2nd meal after dinner: Turkey and stuffing and a bit of peanut butter

Probably had 2lb of turkey today.

17. jarude

jarude Senior member

meal one: half pound of meat

meal two: half pound of meat

meal three: half pound of meat

meal four: half pound of meat

BOOM

18. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Pretty much what I do except.

Meal 1: One pound of meat

Meal 2: One pound of meat

Dozen eggs scattered throughout the day

19. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

You only eat two meals? You eating carbs and/or fruit/veggies?

20. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

My diet:

Meal 1: 8 egg whites, 1 whole egg
    Meals 2-6: 7 oz chicken/2 cans tuna/2 scoops whey + green vegetables
    Some Fat Free Cottage Cheese if necessary before bed

Already back down to 168.7lbs today. Really excited because I thought it'd take me two weeks to get back down to this after Xmas binging hahaha. Hoping to be down to 167 by tomorrow.

Still making lifting gains. :slayer:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011