Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

Lol wrong quote, I mean't for the power snatch.

2. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

So is your screen name pronounced w/a Puerto Rican accent? [​IMG]
    More like Hungarian/Polish (where J = Y). And after about a year you don't go swimming anymore. But until then... Theres a lot of it. Moreso if you are on a public waterway with motorboats flying around.

Fucken awesome. Where are you doing that Kajak? I'm near London ON and the local lake is a pretty big draw for dragonboats/rowing/kayaking/etc.

Out in BC. For some reason I thought you were from cowgary but anyways.

3. jarude

jarude Senior member

FUCK sled pulling. That's all.
    More like Hungarian/Polish (where J = Y). And after about a year you don't go swimming anymore. But until then... Theres a lot of it. Moreso if you are on a public waterway with motorboats flying around. Out in BC. For some reason I thought you were from cowgary but anyways.
    Flames fan [​IMG]

4. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

me too i'm getting noticeably cut and its been easier since i added playing basketball in every other day.

actually it might be easier because i get to eat more on days i play basketball.

Yea the added calorie budget is key... I use about half my biking calories to indulge in mm654321 forbidden snacks.

5. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

Am I fat?

5ft 7in. 167lbs. Please be easy on me :p

And why is it I can't get below 164lbs??? JEEZ. My weight tend to fluctuate around 165-168 and 169 on horrible days so what am I doing wrong?

I work out 3 days a week and do cardio on those same days. Usually jumprope ~ 1,000 times.

6. jarude

jarude Senior member

Take your temp every morning for a week, give us the average. Post your daily intake. How much sleep are you getting per night? Post your exercise routine, stats, etc.

7. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Am I fat?

With the information you provided, asking the 8-ball will give you a more definitive answer than any of us can at present. Posting something like approximate bf-% and whether you have any, say, abdominal definition would be most helpful in resolving this matter.

However, I am going to go out on a limb and say that if you really have to ask you might not be Ryan Reynolds in Blade 3.

e. strong avatar there, if that indeed is HW

8. Cool The Kid

Take your temp every morning for a week, give us the average. Post your daily intake. How much sleep are you getting per night? Post your exercise routine, stats, etc.
    Too much work. Easier to ask internet.

9. jarude

jarude Senior member

Too much work. Easier to ask internet.
    I used to think people who sold dieting/fitness pills and solutions were opportunistic douchebag snake-oil salesmen, now I think they're fucking geniuses. Look at Berardi, PhD. Dude has all of T-Nation sucking his dick because of his creds when he could successfully market eating your own shit as the latest all-natural diet solution. or, how about this: Step 1. Make caffeine pill named Ultra Fat Burn XXX Step 2. Find venture capitalist to pay The Situation to endorse it in People magazine Step 3. ??? Step 4. Profit

10. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

It's like fixed income, caveat emptor.

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

i have no gym for 3 more weeks so I'm sitting at home with my back pack from when I was 6 with 50lb of plates in it doing press ups. This is really really shit.

12. Cool The Kid

It fucks me up because it's really not that complicated or difficult for that matter. But in the land of 100 oz sodas there is no glory or money in telling people to eat less or exercise. People will pay thousands of dollars just to not do either. From a financial standpoint, selling dreams is sure bet, but it sure is fucking scummy.

13. roryben

roryben Senior member

I don't know how people cut without cardio. I've heard a lot of shit about how its catabolic yadda yadda. Man fuck that shit. My weight loss was stalling a little bit, and now that I'm fully back into the cycling swing it has started up again. Only lift that has suffered is my deadlift, everything else is level or up. The key is to find something to do either outdoors or that isn't torture (i.e. running on a damn treadmill for an hour). This shit is a breeze man, this is by far my easiest + most successful cut ever.

I recently tried to convince myself that lifting was key to weight loss (along with protein and cal deficit etc). 2 months down the line of hammering my lifts and I weigh exactly the same. I think it's more made of muscle than before, but still.

So sod it, I'm going to get back to fitting in some running a few times a week and see what happens.

14. phreak

phreak Senior member

I recently tried to convince myself that lifting was key to weight loss (along with protein and cal deficit etc). 2 months down the line of hammering my lifts and I weigh exactly the same. I think it's more made of muscle than before, but still. So sod it, I'm going to get back to fitting in some running a few times a week and see what happens.
    For me it's easier to eat the extra 400 calories and cardio them off the same day for a net 10-15% deficit than to skip the 400 cals and the cardio for the same deficit. Easier in terms of more energy and better workouts, even though the net effect (cal deficiency) is very similar Idk I feel like my muscle retention is greater this way too

15. Cool The Kid

The only downside of cardio is that you never really know how many calories you're burning. But for me at least, eating ~1/2 what I am supposedly burning on top of a ~300cal/day deficit has enabled everything to work out.