Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

When I wrote the poast I wasn't trying to start a shitstorm ITT - what I was merely trying to convey was that counting calories and controlling macros is a great way for one to start their diet. Obviously if one, say, cuts out all carbs then calorie counting may become redundant as one is creating a deficit almost automatically (imo this happens via increased satiety due to high protein). However, when one is starting out or if one is in a rut weight loss-wise, I consider it effective to monitor caloric intake.

2. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Also, I'm getting pretty close to a bw press. Overall, this is what I want to have in multiples of bw:

• bw press
    • 1.5 bw bench
    • 2 bw squat
    • 2.5 bw dead

out of which both the press and the squat will take some work still. I'm guessing taking double bodyweight to depth will require a lot more hamstring oomph then what I currently have.

3. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

umm. charly isnt a pro bodybuilder. he works out for fun. like the rest of us. like what this thread is supposed to be.

+1

guys, why can't we all get along and eat yummy food and get fat together? [​IMG]

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

+1

guys, why can't we all get along and eat yummy food and get fat together? [​IMG]

Because of sugar. That's why.

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

BTW - I apologize for the lack of foul language in my colorful message. The censored text generators are a bitch.

6. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

Hey rambo, gotten any use out of your neck harness yet?

7. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Also, I'm getting pretty close to a bw press. Overall, this is what I want to have in multiples of bw:

• bw press
    • 1.5 bw bench
    • 2 bw squat
    • 2.5 bw dead

out of which both the press and the squat will take some work still. I'm guessing taking double bodyweight to depth will require a lot more hamstring oomph then what I currently have.

These are 1RM?

I just realized that I'm still only 167 lbs [​IMG] I want to be 180.

8. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

These are 1RM?

Well, I'd prefer them all to be 10RM but let's be realistic here. That means yes, those are 1RMs.

9. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I'd been thinking of all my lift ratios in terms of when I still weighed 150, but I did the calculations for my current weight and they aren't impressive at all: .92 bw press 1.6 bw bench 1.5 squat 2.3 dl [​IMG]

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Hey rambo, gotten any use out of your neck harness yet?
    Good timing. I was just fucking around with it to get a perfect fit. I'm trying it out in the gym tomorrow. At first glance its VERY well built and pretty comfortable. I don't know how working the side of the neck will be but I'll give that a shot eventually. How's the Spud one working out for you? BTW - I'm a little disappointed that nobody got my sugar joke.

11. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

Good timing. I was just fucking around with it to get a perfect fit. I'm trying it out in the gym tomorrow. At first glance its VERY well built and pretty comfortable. I don't know how working the side of the neck will be but I'll give that a shot eventually.
    Cool.
    I really like it. The stitching looks very tough. The velcro size adjustment works well and it fits securely. It's comfortable enough on my odd-shaped head although other users recommend wearing a knit cap/beanie for comfort.

I've been doing neck extensions every workout (3x/wk). 4 sets of 25, working up to 4 sets of 50. I'm starting to see some improved muscle tone in my traps and neck.

12. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Maybe too much SF exposure, what do you guys think. I went to see the new X-men movie with a select few acquaintances and the only two things I actually noticed were:

1. January Jones in lingerie
    2. The dude playing Xavier had some nice looking shawl collar sweaters

13. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

I'd been thinking of all my lift ratios in terms of when I still weighed 150, but I did the calculations for my current weight and they aren't impressive at all:

.92 bw press
    1.6 bw bench
    1.5 squat
    2.3 dl

[​IMG]

Take it easy, I bet once your hip problem clears out you'll push that squat up in no time man. Also, I still have some work to do to hit those numbers I poasted.

14. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

• bw press
    • 1.5 bw bench
    • 2 bw squat
    • 2.5 bw dead

Congrats, this is very impressive. The press is still pretty new to me, but I'm struggling at 50% bodyweight. Did you teach yourself the lift?

15. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Jarude sigg'd