Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

I'm not disagreeing with you on the latter part.

2. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

These 20 degree temperature drops really fuck with me. Optimal outdoor temp for me is like a dry 85-90 degrees

3. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

I wish we had a 20 degree temperature drop here. I fucking hate 90 degrees since I get skin rashes.

4. makker

makker Senior member

What is the best way to get rid of some fat on the bottom part of my stomach? I regularly jog, but its not really helping the cause. I'm by no means overweight, very slim in fact but when sittin down I tend to get some sausage rolls on my stomach even though you can lightly distinguish my ab muscles when standing up. Sit-ups etc tend to work my upper stomach more than the lower part, so is there anything to trim the lower part into a more fit looking form than the half beer belly it is now?

5. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

You are skinny fat. Diet Diet Diet. There is no such thing as spot-reduction.

6. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

That is interesting. 3yr quit here, think about it once every 3 months.

^^ "world's greatest stretch" on youtube

Generally determined that my hamstrings are underworked and have picked up SLDL's to correct.

I prefer this:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

7. makker

makker Senior member

You are skinny fat. Diet Diet Diet. There is no such thing as spot-reduction.

In the last 4-5 months I have changed my diet to a very healthier one, I live in a very warm climate at the moment as well so perspiration, metabolism as well as getting D-vitamins are all in shape.. still no substantial changes in the body.

8. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

PF meant diet like be in a caloric deficit man. Spend half the time you currently do on situps on getting your diet together and you'll lose the rolls. I wish I could give you the one exercise which would lead you straight to r. abdominis heaven and get those oblique veins going but I cannot, it's diet all the way.

9. acularw

acularw Senior member

What they are trying to say is that you will lose fat by eating less calories than your maintenance calories. Maintenance is the average amount you eat every day to maintain the same weight. A lot of people go overboard with trying to eat "healthy foods" and "low fat" but the most important thing is basic calories in / calories out.

10. jarude

jarude Senior member

Concentric-only stuff is awesome. I've been pulling out the sled and doing small sets of assorted exercises like face pulls or tricep extensions or whatever and my nagging shoulder pains are reduced. Gives you a sweet pump too #feelsgoodman

11. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Back to the gym today after a week off. Doing chest. Wish me luck brahs

12. fuji

fuji Senior member

No gym until the 25th of june for me, will about a month off affect my lifts that much? Ill maintain diet and all, but im worried Ill get smaller and weaker.

13. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

245 for 5 reps on bench today squat is getting weaker though, my injury still hasn't healed [​IMG]

14. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

^ You're a beast, man. How many sets?

Also, hate to admit when I'm wrong, but I'm joining the ATG camp for squats. Although it didn't hinder my squats too much, I was having some hip pain/stiffness after my sets. This was lasting a couple hours, and would go away after that. Anyway, I dropped the weight 15% and went ATG, no more pain.

15. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Fed up of having skinny arms. I've added at least an inch or so but the biggest is still only 12"...flexed. They need to be like 14" to be in proportion to my torso. Started doing BB curls on 'back' day and close grip bench and skullcrushers on 'chest' day...having previously done no arm work. Hoping this will get me an inch fairly quickly.