Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. stever

stever Senior member

approx 1:1 ratio

2. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Once you go for over a year without sugar, all of this shit tastes gross. Like chalk, literally; no taste whatsoever. American's palates have seriously been adulterated.
    Man fuck that zero carb shit. Cookies have always been good to me. Cookies have been my bottom bitch since grade school.

3. Cool The Kid

Only original oreo's count as oreos. simple.

Question, I can't seem to get in enough protein, even for maintenance. I'm 195 and I'm lucky to get 150/160g right now. So how much of a benefit will supplementing straight BCAA's be in making up my lack of protein?

What are you eating 1 lb of lean meat is good for about 80g. On lift days I have one meal that is just ~2lb of leanish meat, everything else falls into place... usually hit about 250-300g on those days, and then rest days I can fall back to ~100-150g.

4. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

What are you eating

1 lb of lean meat is good for about 80g. On lift days I have one meal that is just ~2lb of leanish meat, everything else falls into place... usually hit about 250-300g on those days, and then rest days I can fall back to ~100-150g.

The lack of eating is pretty much a work/stress thing right now. It won't last long but it is affecting my strength noticeably and I'm down about 7-9lbs from 2 weeks ago. If my appetite is there I can happily put down 250g of protein.

I was just thinking/hoping that BCAA's could help me hold strength slightly better.

5. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

As for teh last few pages of this threak...

[​IMG]

6. Cool The Kid

The lack of eating is pretty much a work/stress thing right now. It won't last long but it is affecting my strength noticeably and I'm down about 7-9lbs from 2 weeks ago. If my appetite is there I can happily put down 250g of protein.

I was just thinking/hoping that BCAA's could help me hold strength slightly better.

U must be in a hell of a deficit... keep protein high and keep trucking man. Maybe do a carb up on the weekend to reset.

7. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

Back from the lake. Carb loaded for 4 days and sun burnt.

8. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

Man fuck that zero carb shit. Cookies have always been good to me. Cookies have been my bottom bitch since grade school.
    Well, technically, it wasn't "zero carb", just zero refined and processed carb. I'll agree that a good cookie found at a bakery, or homemade, can be quite delicious. Oreos, on the other hand, taste like turds.

9. Cool The Kid

Well, technically, it wasn't "zero carb", just zero refined and processed carb. I'll agree that a good cookie found at a bakery, or homemade, can be quite delicious. Oreos, on the other hand, taste like turds.
    Thats all in ur mind man Oreos are delicious.

10. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Horrible workout today, no energy, almost a complete waste. My predicament also wasn't made any better by these two retard crossfitters that were hogging every fucking bar in the gym. Anyway these dudes did not know shit about squatting (you knew that was coming) AND when I got a bar for my pulls these dudes proceeded to engage me in conversation abt my deadlift technique.

At which point I told them to shut the fuck up until they can do two things:

1) Squat below parallel
    2) Do the aforementioned movement with more than the empty bar

and then come and talk to me.

e. also looking into oly lifting clubs, as was recommended
    e2. I have no qualms w/ crossfit, just these douches

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

Might have to have another week off from the gym. Was really sick last week so I didn't go, went today and I couldn't bench 80lb without feeling sick and coughing up phlegm. Some how I managed to push press 80kg for 1 rep though, I think its just I couldn't lie down on the bench without getting nauseous, but everything else was fine.

12. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

I'm going to need some form of HIIT sprints back to my workouts, or at least play some basketball or something. Tried to race my brothers Yorkie yesterday, took 3 steps and felt a pull in my groin [​IMG]

13. Cool The Kid

Horrible workout today, no energy, almost a complete waste. My predicament also wasn't made any better by these two retard crossfitters that were hogging every fucking bar in the gym. Anyway these dudes did not know shit about squatting (you knew that was coming) AND when I got a bar for my pulls these dudes proceeded to engage me in conversation abt mydeadlift technique.

At which point I told them to shut the fuck up until they can do two things:

1) Squat below parallel
    2) Do the aforementioned movement with more than the empty bar

and then come and talk to me.

e. also looking into oly lifting clubs, as was recommended

Xfitters IME are like the paid dancers at bar mitzvahs... I am just an 8th grader trying to touch a titty here, can I have a little room to myself please?

14. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Thats all in ur mind man Oreos are delicious.

oeroes + glass of milk = win, all day

have you tried oreoes..... with strawberry cream????? THE BEST.

[​IMG]

15. virus646

virus646 Senior member

+1 Oreos are the shit!