Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Elusive

Elusive Senior member

The best diet decision I ever made was cutting out saturated fat and replacing it with mono lost tons of weight as my liver was sluggish forget everything else this is the thing to try first to lose weight

2. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Thats only gaining 1lb per week, it's not all going to be muscle but its hard to gain much less than that and be sure you are gaining all the muscle possible. After that i will cut and then slowly bulk again until i can reach a high 180 lean. I thought i would look great at 168 but i still look thin.

3. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

^I lost the craving for that type of food, havent touched it since i cleaned up my diet. I still love fries and chinese take away, but sugary cakes, pastries, drinks...yuck.

same here.. I don't really crave the sugary stuff.. mostly just things like pizza, chinese, burgers and fries.. but I have a lot of the former on my cheat days because it helps me hit higher calories.. and it's helping me increase weights and I'm maintaining bodyweight and getting leaner.

4. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Down 10# in 6 weeks mayne a few tweaks makes dieting so easy

Did 3 laps in Central Park today, feel great. Def gonna turn up the cycling factor, will do some hill sprints maybe Monday night

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

^what tweaks did you make?

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I've been working on my hip, hamstring and back flexibility the last few months after I fucked my back doing power cleans. In addition to being able to put my hands flat on the ground with my legs straight (a first), I just found out I can now put my feet over my head. Weird... but really damn good. My back feels great finally.
    What did you do, strength work or just stretching?

7. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

^what tweaks did you make?
    Well, compared to my cut last year, basically adopting shit from LG and Lyle Mcdonald. Last year I did the 110 meals/day thing, went crazy w/cardio and increased lifting volume. Strength plummeted and it took me about 3 months to lose 15#. For this cut I'm doing like 2-4 meals a day, a moderate amount of cardio and about 1/2 the lifting (but the same weightxreps/set) I was doing in my bulk. I'm lighter + stronger halfway through this cut than I've ever been (well I am a little weaker than a few weeks ago). #feelsgoodman is an understatement. I'm hoping this will be my last ~20lb or so cut ever.

8. jarude

jarude Senior member

Thats only gaining 1lb per week, it's not all going to be muscle but its hard to gain much less than that and be sure you are gaining all the muscle possible. After that i will cut and then slowly bulk again until i can reach a high 180 lean. I thought i would look great at 168 but i still look thin.

for real, i'm glad you're having success... I remember your [​IMG]-worthy "halp weight gain plz" threads so this is nice to see. what program / what are your stats / how are things etc?

9. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

was he the one that said he was going to just eat a ton of bad food and get fat?

10. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

was he the one that said he was going to just eat a ton of bad food and get fat?

That may have been me, but I didn't start a thread about it. And I still lifted heavy.

11. theom-

theom- Senior member

I'm thinking about doing some widowmaker squats on monday. How should I gauge what weight to use? I'm thinking any where from 50% to 60% of my max?

12. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I just found out I can now put my feet over my head.

[​IMG]

13. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I'm about to go paleo on June 1st for the gluten / lactose free aspects. Need a good site with a strong good food / bad food listing.

14. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

It's also my understanding that there are some controversial foods. Not sure how to come to a decision on them.

I'm going lactose free cause I am pretty sure I am intolerant. I'm going gluten free because I am 95% gluten free already except when I get lazy and eat pasta for calories. I am thinking I might as well just eat bananas instead.

Not sure what to do about potatoes and yams cause I was hoping to use them to cheapen the brunt of the diet but some paleos don't like them? What else is controversial? Nuts?

15. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

I'm about to go paleo on June 1st for the gluten / lactose free aspects. Need a good site with a strong good food / bad food listing.
    If you are trying to go 100% strict, full blown, cave-man-style, "paleo", then you would eliminate all grains, legumes and dairy (sugar too, obviously). The bulk of your diet will be meat and non-starchy vegetables, with occasional roots, tubers, and bulbs. You'd eat fruit, though in limited quantities, and minimize the glycemic load and fructose content of whatever fruit you do eat, e.g., berries, not bananas. Snack on nuts and seeds, but don't go overboard on these (linoleic acid content is high, and can be inflammatory). Sweet potatoes or yams are good foods for post workout nutrition. That's pretty much the whole gist of the diet itself.