Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Is anyone else embarrassingly excited for the new fitocracy quests?
    You're the only one

2. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

I keep waffling on getting back into cycling... I think I'm gonna do it, I'm lifting at a low enough volume now that I can get some decent miles in. I have deals lined up, just have to pull the triggers and put the bike together. Def enjoy cycling more than lifting, and the weather is getting so nice... plus it's awesome for cutting, as soon as I start to cycle regularly I get leaner, but am not hungrier or any less sharp in the gym

dooo it man cycling is the shit.

i've been trying to do some upper body work...sit ups, leg lifts, push ups, pull ups, and it seems to be working well. my upper body definitely looks better. if I could cut some fat I'd be super happy. unfortunately I'm cycling across country leaving next week so anything other than riding is going to have to stop, but hopefully I can get some decent upper body tone before heading back to uni.

3. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

I'm about to start training for next year's Great Wall Marathon. I fear that too much running will turn my hard-earned physique into that of one of those dudes that work at those specialized running shops - sunken cheeks, weather beaten complexion, stick-like arms and legs.

4. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

Is anyone else embarrassingly excited for the new fitocracy quests?

I only see 20 rep squats, 20 crunches, playing outdoors and the Pendlay row.

I wish they would add neck extensions to the exercise list. I've been doing 100+ reps of those every workout.

5. 1up

1up Senior member

Maybe my question will be better fitted for this thead. I've got weird proportions, narrow waist but huge hips/hams/ass. I used to love working out legs, nothing more satisfying than pumping out 225 a2g for reps or dl'ing 350+, but it just amplifies the disproportion.

I've cut out working legs (still hit calves on isolation), and just run a fair bit now (20km a week or so), but my body is still awkward and it makes me look like a big fatty in jeans. I'm not that overweight, but I guess I store fat in my hips/ass first. What can I do? I've brought my shoulders up a significant amount too to make the disparity less apparent, and I'm 5 or 6 pounds leaner than this pic shows, but little has changed from my hips, am I SOL?

[​IMG]

Do I look like I've leaned out a bit since this pic? or the same?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

you leaned out some, but i dont think its a matter of fat as it is a matter of leg muscle

7. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

Your body looks like a brown version of mine.

8. 1up

1up Senior member

you leaned out some, but i dont think its a matter of fat as it is a matter of leg muscle

Hrmm shit, did not work out my legs at all between the 1st and 2nd pic. Stopped working them out to try to even my proportions, as you can tell I'm grossly bottom heavy.

Pretty disappointing when I look at it now, been lifting hard and doing cardio regularly for the past 2.5 months and it doesnt seem like much progress.

Thanks for you reply.

9. 1up

1up Senior member

Your body looks like a brown version of mine.

hahah, sweet. I've actually never encountered anyone with proportions like mine. Quite strange, you got big hips too? I hate it.

10. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Doing IF for a few months to see if that will give me the results i'm looking for (cutting a bit while still retaining or even adding muscle). It makes grocery shopping really easy.

11. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Doing IF for a few months to see if that will give me the results i'm looking for (cutting a bit while still retaining or even adding muscle). It makes grocery shopping really easy.
    Yep 2-3 big meals a day. I've been saving $$$ too

12. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Best thing I have done in a long time. No joke.

13. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

Intermittent sharp pain in my left knee lately [​IMG]. It was so bad a few of days ago, I had tears coming out my eyes.

14. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

wow dude get that checked out

15. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Running will keep size on your legs. It makes big legs bigger.