Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Yeah, it sucks big time to have to slag ass for super long just to warm ones shoulders up. Still, it beats the alternative b/c a busted shoulder girdle is going to be a total bitch. At least if you're hurting it's better to err on the side of caution imo.

"Funny thing happens with years of chasing money and foes, see the only thing worse than getting old is NOT getting old" - old Jay Z

Yea I will have to throw this stuff in. I am finding myself needing more time to get fully revved up anyway so combined w/my significantly shorter workouts now it could all somewhat work out.

2. Cool The Kid

chest day today and once again my dips are shit. my chest/ tris are normally pretty toast by the time i do dips so i'm not sure if my body is compensating for this with shitty form, but i can only really feel it in my traps, and can only do a few reps but i fail out. what am i doing wrong?
    You're doing dips last Body only has so much juice for a workout Beginning of this year I was dipping me + 35#x3x10 after 3 other push exercises... I got up to me + 45#x3x~8 in that routine I changed my routine for my cut so dips are on a pretty low volume day (weighted chins, squats or deadlifts, weighted dips)... in a cut my dips are up to 3x9x+55 cause that's all the pushing I do that day. Really get to focus + bang em out nice, they feel great. Also your grip might be too wide... it shouldn't be more than like 6-8" wider than your shoulders Sounds like you might be doing too much on chest day too... IME if you are getting weak towards the end of a workout you're doing too much, you should cut back a little + reprioritize

3. Rikkar501

Rikkar501 Senior member

+1, tri's are getting worked pretty hard already throughout your chest exercises.

Last night was the first time back in the gym after taking about a month off for various reasons. Finally pushed myself to start hitting it again, I don't think I'll be taking any more time off for a while. Oh and guillotine press's are the shit...so sore [​IMG]

4. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

my friend messaged me the other day asking me if i wanted to do it.

i looked on the website, but there's no mention of what the obstacles are, but it seems like you have to drink beer as part of it?

6. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

i think it's course dependent. I'm going to the NY one with some friends + the gf

7. turboman808

turboman808 Senior member

I was an avid cyclist for 10+ years. Now I just don't have the time. I am newly married, have several businesses going on at once and just cannot find the time to exercise like I used to.

For the last 2 years I have been battling this problem. I am in fantastic cardio health but I have been getting a gut and losing muscle mass.

Anyways I have just started doing more exercises like P90x and throwing in some of my own ideas. So far it's really changing how I look and feel and I can do it in under and hour if I have to and just about anyplace I may be, gym, park, back yard or hotel.

Not expecting a miracle but in just 3 weeks people are starting to notice a difference.

So even if I cannot workout 3 hours a day there is help. [​IMG]

8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i honestly think the best workout one can do at home is a gymnastics style workout. all you need is a pull up bar and push up handles (or whatever they're called)

practice handstands, planches, l-sits on the handles and levers on the bar. include some running afterwards and you probably get all the exercise you need

9. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Olympic lifts are fun but my traps are cramping up now. fuuu

10. Cool The Kid

i honestly think the best workout one can do at home is a gymnastics style workout. all you need is a pull up bar and push up handles (or whatever they're called)

practice handstands, planches, l-sits on the handles and levers on the bar. include some running afterwards and you probably get all the exercise you need

Yea man I just wish I didn't enjoy lifting + its results so much. Chinups, dips, goblet squats, SLDLs, some ab shits, and some shoulder shit... 3x a week, good to go in combo w/some cardio and a good diet.

11. Radagast

Radagast Senior member

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  12. fuji

fuji Senior member

Olympic lifts are fun but my traps are cramping up now. fuuu

Yeah, the DOMS you get on your traps are intense, I've had them for like a week now.

13. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Yeah, the DOMS you get on your traps are intense, I've had them for like a week now.

2 Hours later i decided I hadn't had enough so I went back and hit my old 1rm on bench for 3

14. acularw

acularw Senior member

I took a week off lifting, switched from 5x5 to 3x5 (SS) and made sure to do rotator cuff warmups before lifting. I can now bench without a bunch of pain in my right shoulder. Let's hope this keeps up...

15. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

I took a week off lifting, switched from 5x5 to 3x5 (SS) and made sure to do rotator cuff warmups before lifting. I can now bench without a bunch of pain in my right shoulder. Let's hope this keeps up...

Look up the Diesel Crew shoulder warmup and rehab routines on Youtube.