Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Been sick and haven't worked out for a week. I am so afraid of shrinking, as I hit 76kg for the first time in my life and was so happy about it. [​IMG]
    same here. yesterday, I finally got my appetite back and my fever went away. it's all a part of the game. I lost 6 pounds in the first 2-3 days. I wouldn't worry if you lost any. it's just mostly water and maybe a little bit of fat if you're running a fever.

2. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

Hey if any of you are video game nerds like me and want extra motivation, I have 10 invites to give up for Fitocracy. Feel free to say it's dumb or lol nerds but I know some people go nuts over things like achievements and getting levels and shit from video games. Plus it's an easy way to track your progress.

PM me your email and I'll send an invite. I'll delete this after I'm out of invites.

You can sign up with the code FB50INV.

3. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

After two nights in a row of pretty heavy drinking I think I've decided to cut it out for awhile. I think that pretty regular alcohol consumption is preventing me from getting my body fat down into single digits. We'll see how long I can go.

4. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

this fitocracy things is sick. Follow me (graphicnovelty)

5. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Alcohol creates poisonfat, yo.

I signed up for Fit thing, dunno if I'll take the time to input my data.

6. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

this fitocracy things is sick. Follow me (graphicnovelty)

I just looked it up. Can you explain it a bit? Just turns your workout into a "social" thing?

7. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Basically yeah. It's like you log your workout and it gives you points based on what you did. You use those points to get achievements video game style.

My friends who were all into fitness and I graduated and moved to different cities so this is great for us.

Edit: Back up to my pre-form-adjustment Squat PR of 260. My butt hurts haha.

8. theom-

theom- Senior member

Just joined Fitocracy. Just with this week's workout I'm up to level 5.

9. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

I wouldn't have any other friends to do it with like GN, but an SF H&B fitocracy update would be kinda cool. I'll give it a shot.

Ok, I signed up..problem is, a lot of my workout these days is the Insanity program. Not sure where that goes...just plain cardio?

10. sonick

sonick Senior member

Somebody send me a fitocracy invite! Thanks!

11. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

You can sign up with the code FB50INV.

I used this.

12. acularw

acularw Senior member

Joined and added my routine for today (started stronglifts a couple weeks ago). I'll try to follow a few of you...

13. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Shit I might have to try this.

Yo.

Gym was freezing today. Realized today how important gym temperature is to performance. Did like 4 sets of warm ups for DLs, still could only muster 4x385. Threw on my jacket, banged out all my weighted dips though. A/C was on full fucking blast, shit was arctic man. Last week's 6x385 pull came from a much warmer room. Def gonna bring layers from now on.

14. acularw

acularw Senior member

On another note, my right shoulder has been hurting for a couple weeks. I feel it a bit after doing squats but mostly after the bench press. Weird that I don't feel it doing overhead press though.

Today the pain got much worse. I even put some ice on it for 20min but I don't think that had much of an effect. I have been doing those cable rotator cuff exercises before my bench press warm-up sets but it doesn't seem to be helping...

15. jarude

jarude Senior member

Just got that Trigger Point Therapy book to deal with my own shoulder issues. Time out of the gym/doctor didn't solve anything so hopefully this helps.

Also, having your own setup at home kicks ass. So handy to have around... hopefully I never have to rely on a commercial place again.