Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Senior member

Just donated blood today at 11am... I wonder if this will adversely affect my lifting tomorrow. Max strength day scheduled tomorrow....might move my workout to the afternoon just to make sure.

2. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Good question. I'd like to hear the results.

To velocity pilot - I'm curious, when I look at your pic, it is hard to imagine you have any weight to lose if your goal is to fit into a smaller pair of jeans. You look like you're down to your hip bone determining the size pants you wear. I'm all for a diet experiment to get ripped, but I'd just put those jeans on and stretch them. They should sag anyway...

3. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Senior member

Speaking of blood donations, I can fully appreciate why cyclists are so fond of blood doping. One pint of blood loss and I am huffing and puffing up the stairs that I usually run up two steps at a time. [​IMG] I have 6 flights of stairs to climb to my office and I never take the elevator.

4. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Good question. I'd like to hear the results.

To velocity pilot - I'm curious, when I look at your pic, it is hard to imagine you have any weight to lose if your goal is to fit into a smaller pair of jeans. You look like you're down to your hip bone determining the size pants you wear. I'm all for a diet experiment to get ripped, but I'd just put those jeans on and stretch them. They should sag anyway...

Yeah i'm cursed with wide hips. they measure 37" believe it or not. i could lose a little in my thighs.

5. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

Not really seeing ten pounds there, pilot^^

6. Mauby

Mauby Senior member

If the deadhang is giving you a good stretch keep doing it, it's probably one of the best lat stretches out there.

Thanks pal.

7. Rikkar501

Rikkar501 Senior member

Not really seeing ten pounds there, pilot^^

I think he's just trying to lose enough to be leaner: 10-12% isn't that lean, but 6-8% is and I bet losing 10lb. of fat would get him down to those numbers.

Thanks pal.

No problem [​IMG]

8. makker

makker Senior member

What kinds of ab workouts should I do to exercise the muscles at the lower part of my stomach? Doing crunches now is only affecting the upper part.. I am aiming for the naval part.. need to get that solidly flat like Stylish Pilot has.. :p

9. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Senior member

To answer the first part of your question, any kind of leg raise exercise (lying, hanging) should hit the lower part of your abs. But as far as your second sentence is concerned, you can't get your stomach flat unless you lose fat. Ab exercises will give you a rock hard core UNDER YOUR FAT.

10. whallyden

whallyden Senior member

Did the Cosgrove Evil 8 tonight. Still feel like I am going to puke.

11. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=184414 was gonna tell hypochondriacs to stop wasting their money. Then realised they'd get angry at me. So i'll just have a private laugh here, with anyone else who feels the same way:
    dear lord.

12. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

I don't take a multivitamin. Maybe I should.

13. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Things I want to do more of: hill sprints, farmer walks, turkish get ups, 100 pullup days.

14. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Weighted swiss ball (and cable) crunches work the abs very nicely, if done w/ proper form (full spinal extension to spinal flexion). For isometric work, try ab wheel rollouts. In any case, if you're longing for six-pack abs you're going to need to drop your bf to somewhere around 10% (YMMV though, some have visible abs at higher bf).

15. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

I don't take a multivitamin. Maybe I should.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo