Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

saw this guy today who was about my height and maximum 130lb, doing his "workout" with a friend. It consisted of sitting on machines talking for like 5 mins, and then doing 10 reps with a weight which clearly put no stress on his muscles whatsoever. I mean he didnt even have to make an effort to move the thing. How long is someone gonna do stuff like this before realising it has no effect on his physique? How is that ever gonna build muscle when you dont even eat. Why hasnt he done any research!?

Isn't this like your workout circa couple months ago?

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I used one of those free motion cable machines last night for the first time. Did a huge circuit with no break for 3 sets and had a pretty damn good workout. They're not bad for somebody who needs to work on muscle stability. I might incorporate a day or two here or there of just using one of these things.

3. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Isn't this like your workout circa couple months ago?

no, i was always lifting as heavy as i could and working my ass off. I also didnt try to do isolation exercises like tricep extension which is what these guys were doing. These guys looked like they were regulars at the gym. I couldnt make sense of why you would invest time and money into something and not bother to learn anything about it.

4. fuji

fuji Senior member

You can get strong doing isolation work and higher reps, if you do it properly you'll probably look better then someone who just does deads and squats. Its not like the only way to get stronger and bigger is to deadlift 5x5.

5. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I used one of those free motion cable machines last night for the first time. Did a huge circuit with no break for 3 sets and had a pretty damn good workout. They're not bad for somebody who needs to work on muscle stability. I might incorporate a day or two here or there of just using one of these things.

Free-motion machines are fucking sex for smoking your delts and rhomboids, bro. Cross your arms with slightly bend elbows so your hands are crossed while holding the cables, then pull your arms back as far as you can, squeezing your shoulder blades together. Never got anything to hit my back directly as much tas that.

6. virus646

virus646 Senior member

You can get strong doing isolation work and higher reps, if you do it properly you'll probably look better then someone who just does deads and squats. Its not like the only way to get stronger and bigger is to deadlift 5x5.
    yes, but mostly only work for those that are genetically gifted or/and using drugs. The average lifter will not grow strong and big with tons of high volume isos.

7. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

You guys were right. Warm up sets are key for big lifts. Finally pulled 6x385, felt so good I might put more weight on in 2 weeks. Did 5x225, 3x275, 3x315, then 6x385 effortlessly. Super happy as I am in a cut

8. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I strained a muscle in my lower back doing 5x315 [​IMG] It was the last rep that did it.

9. Rikkar501

Rikkar501 Senior member

^^The good ol' 405 for reps is in reach!

10. virus646

virus646 Senior member

You guys were right. Warm up sets are key for big lifts. Finally pulled 6x385, felt so good I might put more weight on in 2 weeks. Did 5x225, 3x275, 3x315, then 6x385 effortlessly. Super happy as I am in a cut

Glad to hear it![​IMG]

11. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I can do single-reps at 350, but at 365 I couldn't get it off the ground [​IMG] That will be fucking boss when I'm doing 4 plates. fucking Chinese won't know what hit them, it will be like the Tiananmen Square massacre and vietnam all rolled together.

12. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

What kind of liara are you guys talking about? Squats?

13. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Deadlifts. Or squats. Which exercise kills more slopes?

14. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I have lost all perspective on whether I'm too fat, too skinny, look good, etc. I literally change my mind every other day. Yesterday I was too skinny until I tried to put on a MTM shirt and my arms didn't fit in the sleeves, what the fuck.
    I recognize an Eason post when I read one!

15. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Glad to hear it![​IMG]

[​IMG]

:feelsgoodman: