Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

Have to also mention that pulling 400 for a double is a good way to start off one's weekend
    I might have to switch my deadlift day to Monday permanently. The mood boost from lifting my heaviest is amazing.

CooltheKid: A new adventure every day Last time whI was there a guy who looked very, very fit was helping a girl get a routine down by having her follow his. He moved a bench under the pullup bar and proceeded to spastically jump into about 10 straight pullups and dropping back to the bench almost as fast. Then he showed her the form. He did it again a little bit later. Blew. My. Mind.

2. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

Anyone thats a member at the stronglifts forum please pm me- I'd like to get the excel sheet for the madcow protocol.

3. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

When did it become ok to wear those vibram five finger things to a restaurant? [​IMG]

4. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

How's the taste?

I haven't tried the pure casein. I just typically pick up 10lbs of the team skip blend:

33% egg white protein
    33% micellar casein
    33% whey protein isolate (micro-filtrated I think)

* I would definitely get the premium flavors over the regular flavors.

* shipping sucks with TP [​IMG] $$$$

5. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

6. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

It's available on the website without being a member...

7. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I'm such a dork. GF is in Sweden so I'm bored as shit. Here's how I spent my Friday night...
    [​IMG]
    Ordered 5lbs of ON casein in chocolate peanut butter flavor. Hoping it encapsulates the Reeses taste I will need to get me through this cut [​IMG]

8. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

I'm such a dork. GF is in Sweden so I'm bored as shit. Here's how I spent my Friday night...
    [​IMG]
    Ordered 5lbs of ON casein in chocolate peanut butter flavor. Hoping it encapsulates the Reeses taste I will need to get me through this cut [​IMG]

That's not that bad. I'm spending my Friday night reading about the neurocognitive effects of alcoholic sleep deprivation. Wild and crazy, I know. At least you're organized.

9. stever

stever Senior member

surprisingly good. makes for decent fake pudding too

10. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

yeah, I see it now. It was only saying I needed to be a member because I was accessing the page via iphone. thx.

11. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Why the fuck do ppl have this aversion to heavy resistance training? I mean one can do push-ups until one drops dead (and don't ge me wrong here, I love 'em) and have the best macronutrient timing in the world, but none of this even matters if ones energy intake is like +1cal over maintenance and is looking to gain "solid muscle"

And then when you ask the pertinent questions like:
    "Are you getting enough protein"
    "Are you getting enough sleep"
    "Are you getting enough calories"
    "Do you do progressive resistance training"

The answers are always along the lines of "omg no I don't want to get swole and look liek Ronnie coleman!!1"

I mean wtf, this isn't that hard: put enough plates on the bar, food on your plate, catch those 40 winks and shit will commence.

12. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I don't know. Tried to get my GF to lift heavy things and she just hated it. I have to make myself stop.

13. Cool The Kid

First time I tried to get my GF to the gym, major fail. The gym was like a mile away in BK, so we would have to take the bus, and she hated it.

Now the gym is around the corner, and it's not as "scary" (old gym was the Bed Stuy Y), so she likes it. She likes it a lot actually, it's to the point where she goes on her own. A/B push pull full body workouts 3x a week. I love that lady. We're gonna be unstoppable this summer

14. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

First time I tried to get my GF to the gym, major fail. The gym was like a mile away in BK, so we would have to take the bus, and she hated it. Now the gym is around the corner, and it's not as "scary" (old gym was the Bed Stuy Y), so she likes it. She likes it a lot actually, it's to the point where she goes on her own. A/B push pull full body workouts 3x a week. I love that lady. We're gonna be unstoppable this summer
    I have some good (female) friends that work out at the Bed Stuy Y. They love it. Small world.

15. Cool The Kid

Yea Bed Stuy Y had some very pretty women. Good setup (though it got really crowded during rush hour). I really miss it