• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
By chance has anyone seen any bumper plates for sale, even if just singles?

Was able to lock in an order at Rogue for a barbell this morning. Also, picked up a bosu ball.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll be able to hit the gym this week it's looking like. Not sure if I got anything out of switching over to a running programme. Running, maybe it's just me, is super high impact it seems. I'm beat way more after running a 5k than a squat sessions. I don't think I'll continue running alongside lifting weights, maybe just continue the 30 min walks I'm doing morning and nights. It's nice being more conditioned, so I probably should try to maintain that? But I was sort of expecting to fall in love with running and continue once lockdown has ended, but I think I hate it, haha. Maybe just maintaining a 29 minute 5k is fine.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate running, biking is where it's at.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently started going to the gym again. Did squats the first day and my legs are extremely sore. I get up from chairs slowly and walk funny the first few paces. I think this will wear off once I get into the groove of things.

It feels great working out again. I'm much more relaxed and the quality of my sleep has improved. I feel more horny in general. This makes me think people who dont exercise, even if they have a good diet, probably feel shitty and don't even know it.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
An actual gym? The kind where you breath the same dank air and touch the same shit as a bunch of strangers?

TBH I thought that was a gross idea before COVID (MRSA anyone?). I only started working out regularly when I got my own equipment and I signed up with a coach who does everything outside.

beepbop

Reaction score
Today marks 20 lbs lost since January! I got a little too lax with a bulk last summer, and ended up ballooning up to 188 lbs or so at 5'8", did my first PL comp in late September at 181, and cut down from 182.8 - 162. Mostly doing a home PPL split with bands since late March, but dieting has been really easy to stick to with 2600 calories/day since mid March at a 25/40/35 protein/fat/carbs split.

Shirtless pics in spoilers, click at your own risk!

January 16, 178.8

Feb 21, 175.8

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do a few max sets of pushups, crunches, deadbugs, pullups and air squats daily. Havent done cardio in 2 months. Not having a gym is terrible.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are these for?

An actual gym? The kind where you breath the same dank air and touch the same shit as a bunch of strangers?

TBH I thought that was a gross idea before COVID (MRSA anyone?). I only started working out regularly when I got my own equipment and I signed up with a coach who does everything outside.
I use gloves when I go, and as for benches they have disinfectant wipes and spray to clean stuff before/after you use.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A quick update. Bumper plates were the last thing ordered but canceled to fulfill prior orders, sort of still peeved about it. Hoping to get in with the next preorder.

edit
Not pictured is the adjustable bench still in my garage, going to assemble that this weekend.

B9219868-1321-47E8-B98A-C636ED42386E.jpeg

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are these for?

I use gloves when I go, and as for benches they have disinfectant wipes and spray to clean stuff before/after you use.
Thats a device for improving ankle mobility...

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gyms been open for 3 weeks now I think. I dropped my numbers by about 60-70% and just doing Starting Strength with 5-10lb increments each workout to work back up. It's sort of fun going back to squatting 3x a week. I might run it for three months or something.

@gettoasty nice setup!

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I started lifting at 6am and really like it. I just get up, coffee, get myself to the gym. I wake up around my first squat working set. It's nice to get lifting out of the way early in the morning so I can just on with my day.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's