• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My back and shoulders feel amazing, I'm on week 4 of the lockdown and just been doing yoga and stretching with the occasional treadmill run. My biggest take-away from this is I need to get back to stretching and doing yoga. While it probably has no effect on weightlifting, just having that additional range of motion is nice for day to day life.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try hanging sometime to start off shoulder day. It really opens my shoulders up and feels great.

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This will probably annoy a few people. But hard to argue he hasn't made an effort to back up his thesis with the available data.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
This will probably annoy a few people. But hard to argue he hasn't made an effort to back up his thesis with the available data.

Frustratingly I was trying to get in to see my lipidologist for an in-depth cholesterol and metabolic profile when all this shit started. Cool to see that changes occur as quickly as they do - my sugar intake has definitely gone down lately.

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Frustratingly I was trying to get in to see my lipidologist for an in-depth cholesterol and metabolic profile when all this shit started. Cool to see that changes occur as quickly as they do - my sugar intake has definitely gone down lately.
It's quite possible, and fairly cheap, to order those tests for yourself. Quest and LabCorp are still open if you're willing to take the infection risk. Ulta Lab Tests has a good interface and decent pricing.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I guess it never occurred to me that I can get the test without a doctor's order, although the particular thing I'm looking for requires a very specific test panel.

Honestly it's not urgent enough to bother - this was a follow up, I already know that I have a problem and wanted to see how it looks 5 years on.

I'll throw out a related PSA: it's a really good idea to get tested for lp(a) levels, independent of overall cholesterol and LDL/HDL levels.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On week 5 of no gym haha. Looks like it could continue for another 3 weeks. I've just been doing 25 minute walks in the morning fasted, either run or power yoga (pretty hard) in the afternoon, then another walk at night. I do miss the weights though..

OccultaVexillum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find it a lot harder to get motivated for body weight stuff. I’ve literally been doing pull-ups from a tree branch. I think as long as I can do pull-ups I can deal with it, but I wish I had at least a kettlebell or something.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FWIW all the stuff I've looked at and inquired is pushed back to May-June delivery.

Besides the pull up rack, I have two different resistance bands and just working on imbalances. My core is really weak so a lot of room for improvement. Just ordered another foam roller and 12" plyo box for Bulgarian split squats (I find my foot to be in better placement with the foam roller). Something like this

I really like Rulk's "Raw Function Training" circuits as well.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started trying this, but with resistance bands:

I only really see girls doing this at the gym. It really works the glutes. Nice option to have when staying at home. Next time I want to clean the bottom of my shoes so the resistance doesnt make my feet slide. When the gym opens Ill continue doing it with cables.

I also started doing one legged pistol squats with a foot rest behind me. I wear a backpack on the front of my torso with weights in it. Good work out.

On week 5 of no gym haha. Looks like it could continue for another 3 weeks. I've just been doing 25 minute walks in the morning fasted, either run or power yoga (pretty hard) in the afternoon, then another walk at night. I do miss the weights though..
Give resistance bands a try. I miss weights too, but bands are perfect for traveling and you can approximate most anything you do with weights. They are inexpensive too.

SJR3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This looks like a fun workout. I bet I'd be good at this. Unfortunately I don't have a table appropriate for it.

Also found a video of a chair climb:

This is the most retarded thing I've ever seen.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's